We stayed here for a two night break away from Newcastle and it tickem all the boxes to be honest. Its a maximum 40 minute drive and its a step into another world. The hotel itslef is quite an age but very well kept. Its clean and tidy and very welcoming.
We were shown to our room , which was 16 on the back of the hotel. It was a nice size and had all the amenities you need in a B&B.
On the first night we ate in the resteraunt after having a trip up and down the high street and visiting a few other pubs. All were friendly and we had a nice time. The meal was excellent in the resteraunt and we felt we got full value for money. The service was excellent and then we retired to the bar for a couple of more drinks.
The next day we had a hearty, quality breakfast served by a very happy lady. Excellent . we spent the morning in Alnwick and then the afternoon in Cragside where we walked and walked. It was wonderful.
In the evening we ate out at another resteraunt but returned to the Queens for a few night time drinks. The next morning before breakfast we headed down to the river for a walk and spent 30 minutes up and down the riverside walks before returning to tackle the breakfast. Lovely.
A very pleasant place that i would recommend to anyone for a few day break. Lovely area, great walks and good friendly staff. You can't ask for more. Well. done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Queens Head is a family run inn with smart en-suite rooms, relaxed atmosphere, friendly bar and helpful staff. The attractive restaurant has comfortable high backed upholstered chairs where the Bar/A la Carte Menu or the daily blackboard are available Lunch and Dinner, or if you prefer, eat in the Bar. There is a patio garden and free private car park. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms and Priceline so you can book your The Queens Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Queens Head Hotel Rothbury
- The Queens Head Northumberland/Rothbury