The Orchard House is undoubtedly a charming, delightful place to be. We enjoyed 2 nights there in July, but it felt like 4 such was the tranqulity of the place. Met with a glass of Bucks Fizz by Marlene, we were shown to the Red Suite. As we booked last minute we had to change rooms to the Blue Room for night 2. Both rooms were fabulous and I would recommend either, but I have to say the Red Suite had the edge. A whopping, comfy bed, a fabulously HUGE bathtub and a wonderful sitting room views of the beautiful tree lined street. In fact, we loved it so much we elected to stay in and enjoy a take away from a lovely Italian. We ate at our little romantic dining table set for two and spent the rest of the evening listening to clasical music on the Bose stereo on our comfy squashy sofas which we had all to ourselves in our suite - yes, ALL to ourselves.
It was refreshing not to be faced with the usual "buffet" style breakfast. Instead we choose from a selection of delicious breakfast treats, such as a mango and passion fruit smoothie, scrambled eggs with local smoked salmon on Brioche or porridge with cream and banana. My husband went down the tradtional English breakfast route and I have to say despite not being much of a meat eater, I was a little jealous!
The staff and Graham, the host were charming, helpful and friendly. If I had any criticism it would be that we would have liked some different toast at breakfast...maybe rye bread or spelt, but then we are bread freaks! All in all, we can't wait to return to this charming house which is in the perfect location to enable you to park the car and enjoy the delightful town of Rothbury and it's amazing neighbouring countryside. By the way- eat lunch at The Congregational - they have a delicious original menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious Georgian townhouse has a village location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. All rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, Bose music systems and Egyptian cotton linen, slippers, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. The Orchard House is winner of the AA Guest Accommodation England 2008, and is Conde Nast Johansens Recommended 2009, and one of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top Ten Bargains in Europe 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Book Direct Rooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Orchard House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchard House Hotel Rothbury
- Orchard Hotel Rothbury
- The Orchard Hotel
- The Orchard House Northumberland/Rothbury