We stayed in the Lauren Suite and it was lovely to have all of that space to relax and move around in. There are some lovely touches - nice plasma screen TV, Bose music system and the small dining area in the sitting room space that was all nicely laid out.
The building also has some lovely original features and breakfast was lovel using locally sourced quality produce.
However, there were some little niggles, things not quite finished off properly (eg the paint around the ceiling lights in the bathroom) , running out of orange juice on the first morning so we couldn't get any with our breakfast (you would imagine they know how many guests they have staying!).
Overal a nice place that I would recommend for a stay in Rothbury but I would have expected a little better finish for the price and I don't know that I would stay there again if I could find another good guest house in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious Georgian townhouse has a village location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. All rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, Bose music systems and Egyptian cotton linen, slippers, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. The Orchard House is winner of the AA Guest Accommodation England 2008, and is Conde Nast Johansens Recommended 2009, and one of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top Ten Bargains in Europe 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Orchard House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchard House Hotel Rothbury
- Orchard Hotel Rothbury
- The Orchard Hotel
- The Orchard House Northumberland/Rothbury