“Great value, friendly”

The Queens Head - Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Rothbury
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family run traditionally English friendly Inn. Situated in the beautiful village setting of Rothbury in the Coquet Valley. We have letting rooms a cosy bar and a separate restaurant. You can choose to eat in the Bar (dogs allowed) or in the restaurant, same menu and very reasonable pricing. We make our own sausages, black pudding and burgers and bake our own bread, Come and visit soon.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ate here twice; first time in the bar, second in restaurant. Same menu, good service.
Dog friendly - one local dog had great game in bar with a toy.
Locals friendly and wiling to pass the time of day.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food here was very good, especially for the prices charged. The Lindisfarne chicken and ginger sponge are particularly highly recommended. I was a bit disappointed with the salt and pepper squid starter which was only 3 small pieces - at £4.75 it seemed a little steep even if well prepared. However the rest of the meal more than made up for it with a higely generous chicken and dessert portions.

However, the thing that really made our evening was the service. While one of the ladies was perhaps a little quiet and came across as a bit tired, the younger waitress was delightful. Exuberant, cheerful and always friendly and helpful, even assisting with food choices when asked! She made the whole evening special for us and I would return again just for that fantastic service. Thank you!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped off here while holidaying in the area. The food was reasonably priced and delicious. Would reccommend

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Called in yesterday Sun 8th Sept,,seated very quickly and ordered 2 lagers very nice pint indeed,,both fancied a carvery and went straight for it,,mashed potatoes were all lumpy and hard to get on the SMALL plate,,couple of roasties and room was running out thinking on my feet put 2 yorkshires on put carrots in one and turnip in the other,,bit gravy and was ready to go,,nice touch the tray of condiments any way hadn't had a taste when my partner said dinner was freezing and sure enough it was,,,that said it was still a tasty meal,,incidentally think the owner and friends were eating as we left would like to know her honest opinion

missytiger, Owner at The Queens Head - Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thanks for leaving a review, I was having lunch with my family as I do every Sunday. In my honest opinion? I can only tell you the facts. The food is kept at a constant temperature on the hotplate and in the bain marie, I had roast pork and it was hot. I can only guess that you possibly got a cold plate, the plate warmer is topped up during service and it takes a while for the plates to get up to "searing" temperature. But I still cannot understand why you did not say at the time that your food was cold, we would have been able to rectify that in an instant, now I cant do anything about it other than try to defend myself on here. We did 117 covers on Sunday and we had no complaints, I only wish you had complained at the time, you would have had a hot lunch and we both would be happy. As it is we are both unhappy and airing it in public. I would be more than happy to welcome you back for a hot meal anytime you are passing.

Teresa

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had two evening meals in restaurant whilst on a short Break in Rothbury, found service very good, staff pleasant, and a nice variable choice on menu, food was also very good with a not too long wait from ordering it to it being served.