“Relaxing short weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rothbury
Katerina's Guest House
Ranked #8 of 12 Rothbury B&B and Inns
Cullercoats, United Kingdom
“Relaxing short weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just got home from a 2 night stay at Katerina's. The room was clean & comfy,and the t time treats were well received with our brews. Both Cath & Ian were great hosts, and we had some great chats about various topics over our evening meal, which was delicious.Breakfast was also spot on, just what we needed to get up the nearby hills for a day of walking. All in this was a great mini break which we would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hello again you two,
Thanks a lot for this informative review ....... concise, compact and complimentary! I'm sure readers will find it very helpful when searching for the right place to stay.
Come back soon!!!
Cheerio, Cath.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed 2 nights with my partner and loved the quaintness of the place......4 poster bed and all!
Cath and Ian are wonderful hosts, very natural and friendly. Delicious breakfasts and a treat or two to be found in the fridge bar! Highly recommended..........we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi there,
Thanks very much for this very good review! We hadn't even discussed Trip Advisor so it was a nice surprise!
Guests can also help create an easy-going atmosphere and it was clear we'd get on with you two from the start so thanks to you too! It was enjoyable having you here.
Cheerio, Cath and Ian
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at this guest house at short notice and found our hosts extremely friendly and helpful. The bedroom was beautiful with a great choice of teas and fabulous daily treats left for us in our room! The breakfast menu was very varied and we didnt have to order the night before which we find most annoying in other places we have stayed. The fresh home baked bread was amazing and great smell to wake up to every morning. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello there!
Thanks so much for this very nice review. Glad we could squeeze you in to Katerina's despite the fact that we were going away ourselves on the day you left (still away now as it happens and having wonderful weather, lots of rest and relaxation and a good time at our own apartment in Spain!)
It was very nice to meet you both - we enjoyed some good conversation with you. Perhaps we'll meet again in the future, you'd be most welcome. Hopefully, I won't have a horrible cold and will feel as if I'm functioning properly next time .......
Cheerio, Cath
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The welcome was warm, the food hearty, and the company charming. I can particularly recommend the Scotch porridge from the breakfast menu! The house itself, as has been commented before, is immaculate and full of character. The bedrooms are well-appointed (the mini-fridge was a particularly good touch), and the breakfast room is cosy and pleasantly furnished.

For exploring Rothbury and the surrounding area, Katerina's Guest House could not be better placed. When we arrived in the evening, we had no difficulty parking the car on the road outside the property, and there were plenty of amenities in walking distance. Trust Cath and Ian's recommendations for eateries nearby -- you won't be disappointed!

Thank you for a lovely stay. I hope we'll return soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hi Ben,
Thanks for this very descriptive and positive review - I'm sure it will be very useful to readers who are searching for the right place to stay.
We hope you'll return again soon too - it was a pleasure having you here and we enjoyed your company!
Cheerio, Cath and Ian.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Excellent. Not disappointed, reviews accurate. Good location. Room 2 Bed comfortable. Good tiling in bathroom. Charming property and owners ! Porridge unforgettable. Forgot to ask for recipe for wonderful home made bread !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hi,
Today is September 6th 2012 and I've only just discovered that I can respond to my TripAdvisor reviews and how to actually do it!
I want to thank you for the very nice comments you made about Katerina's Guest House.
Tip - contact me directly and I might just pass on my secret bread recipe - or better still, call again, re-experience the taste and I'll give you it in person!
Many thanks,
Cheerio, Cath - (The technical dinosaur!)
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

It is a very beautiful old house with its own atmosphere, with narrow passages and small rooms, but the rooms are so beautiful and lovely decorated and very individual. The whole thing is individual indeed, because both owners are quite special characters and you don't just stay at their home - you somehow immerse into their way of life. They are very friendly and full of humour but not obtrusive. On our arrival, they switched on the heating because it was a cool and rainy day - very nice gesture. The room was very clean and nice, there was fresh cake everyday in our room - everyday a different one - and s small fridge which was very comfortable, too. The breakfasts were very good, the whisky porridge was way better than in Scotland, a real delight. We would come again without any doubts and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there,
I've only just found out that I can respond to my TripAdvisor reviews and how to do it! So sorry, but here it is at last, my thanks for this lovely review.
You two were very special people too and we hope we'll see you at Katerina's again someday. I would say I'll keep the whisky porridge hot for you but, as I make it fresh to order it wouldn't be quite the truth!
Thanks very much indeed.
Cheerio, Cath.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This lovely guest house is ideally situated in the centre of Rothbury. We were walking the St Oswalds Way and picked the ideal stopping place. The room was amazing with a four poster bed. Everything for your stay was supplied and you felt really welcome to the area. Cath & Ian are fantastic hosts and Ian keeps you amazed with his stories. The breakfast had the best tasting sausages that we had of all of our trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi again
I've been on TripAdvisor for ages and only just found out that I can respond to my reviews! What a dinosaur!
Even at this late stage let me thank you for the very good review. Reviews are so useful - they help us and help the public with the difficult decision of where to stay. I'm sure yours will be very useful.
Many thanks indeed, Cheerio, Cath.