Stayed here recently just for the weekend. Upon arriving there is no reception. There is a corner table with a phone + a phone number with instructions to call the owner if required. Rang the number + got a voicemail so stood in hallway for a while. Eventually found another phone number, rang that + owner said room was ready + she would knock when she returned, which she didn't. Room was beautiful, featured stone wall, en suite, very spacious + tastefully decorated, bit cold as central heating on time + only comes on between 4pm-11am, so through day u need to wear extra layers + drink lots of hot drinks. Pillows were awful + lumpy, room was quite dusty. Only had 3 teabags in tray and virtually no toilet roll so the following day went to look for someone for replenishments. There was no one around. When it was breakfast time it was a pleasant but small dining area, lots of choice + the service was wonderful. Mary made sure everyone was well looked after + topped up with hot drinks. I asked for extra supples + was told it wouldn't be a problem. Later that afternoon, two extra pillows + another hospitality tray was left outside room. Overall, was pleasant enough, bit too cold for me through day, and needed a dust + extra supplies but perfect location for walking + taking in the scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springfield Guest House is a three story Victorian townhouse. We have six large en suite rooms. Bed and breakfast starts at a very reasonable price. We have double, twin and family rooms which can sleep up to five persons. We are located right in the centre of beautiful Rothbury, an ideal base to visit the whole of Northumberland. We have off street parking and cycle storage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Springfield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springfield Guest House Hotel Rothbury
- Springfield Guest House Northumberland/Rothbury