“Beautiful Artwork!”
Review of Denise Comeau Artiste - CLOSED

Denise Comeau Artiste
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: My studio is both a viewing and working space. If you enjoy seeing work in progress you can arrange a visit by contacting me or coming by chance. If I'm not at the studio I am usually not to far away, playing with the horses or with the chickens that you will see happily roaming around. The studio is open year round by chance or appointment!
Richmond, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Artwork!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had admired Denise Comeau's artwork several years back on a trip to N.S. and always regretted not purchasing a piece of her work. I was delighted to return recently and visit her gallery. She is a talented artist and I love her pieces, especially those that depict the N.S. landscape. (wildflowers, tilted evergreens, Digby Neck across the water,...) Her gallery is well laid out and her artwork well displayed. There is a range in price, size and subject matter from which to choose. Denise was helpful yet not pushy. In fact, I visited her studio twice as I wanted to think about which piece to purchase (I had narrowed it down to two.)

I know I will cherish it for many years to come!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank 60ErinM60
Denise C, Owner at Denise Comeau Artiste, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I’m glad you mentioned I wasn’t pushy… there is a fine line between being helpful and looking too eager. ☺ Purchasing a work of art takes time and can be both pleasurable and challenging. So glad it was an enjoyable experience for you. Hope you drop in to say hi next time your in my part of the world. Thanks for the review!!

Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Artist delight”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

A studio where you can feel free to look over the art work many of which show local scenes. The artist is frequently in her studio to talk with.

Visited July 2014
Denise C, Owner at Denise Comeau Artiste, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thanks for you review, hope you can visit again soon!! :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An outstanding artists and gallery”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Well worth the trip to the "French Shore." Be sure to stop at Gallerie Comeau! The water colors are outstanding, and Ms. Comeau is a charm!

Visited June 2014
Denise C, Owner at Denise Comeau Artiste, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope you visit again soon!!
New York City, New York
“meeting Denise Corneau”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife Linda and I stayed at the Trout Point Lodge in Nova Scotia in August 2013, and throughout our stay admired a large watercolor scene that dominated the dining room. Discovering that the artist Denise Courneau was located about an hour away, on the Bay of Fundy, we set out to visit her and several of the other artists who live and work on the lower western shore of Nova Scotia. All the artist's studios we stopped at were charming, and the work appealing, but Denise's work and studio stood out.
From numerous works we sway, many from her current series Blackbirds Fly, she is clearly an artist who is powerfully influenced by her surroundings, but whose palette, sense of composition, and thematic statements are completely personal and liberate the work from strict landscape art.
We were mesmerized by Denise's art and its nuances of color and light, and deliberated for several hours before deciding on the work that we now own and love. Shipping and delivery were handled by Denise in a thoroughly professional manner.
In many trips to areas where art is an important part of the travel experience - Sante Fe and the southwest, Napa and Sonoma valleys, Charleston and the Low Country - we appreciated the artworks we saw but were never moved to purchase anything. Perhaps that is because there is always the lingering sense that such art is a kind of souvenir, a reminder of place and time well spent. The work of Denise Comeau speaks to us in a very different way, and powerfully transcends genre or style.

Visited August 2013
Denise C, Owner at Denise Comeau Artiste, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you so much for the review and your interest in my work. Hope you will be returning to Nova Scotia some day soon and when you do please drop in for a visit.