I stayed here for two weeks recently and everything about the hotel was excellent e.g. the location, service, cleanliness were all outstanding. The staff, without exception, were attentive, friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, and in fact when I had a problem with my return transfer on my last day, one of the ladies going off duty after a night shift very kindly offered to take me to the airport.
The breakfast was extremely good and plentiful and fresh with lots of cold meat, cheese, fruit, bread pactries etc, and hot food was cooked to order. The whole hotel (my room, the pool area, public areas etc) was spotless, maintained daily by the very hard working staff.
I had dinner/lunch in the hotel a few times and the food was again excellent, with generous portions. Slightly more expensive than other nearby eateries but not outrageously so.
The situation of the hotel is lovely, high above a very pretty bay with sandy beach...beware the 185 steps down to it although you can walk back up the road if the steps defeat you! The sun beds and parasols on the beach are hired out by someone other than the hotel at a cost of 17 euros, so not many were occupied.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sa Barrera to others and I'm looking forward to returning as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only hotel in Menorca. Enjoy a free kids holiday. Three star hotel in Menorca with 26 rooms at only 200 meters from a beautiful sandy beach. Open all year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Sa Barrera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sa Barrera Hotel Cala`n Porter
- Sa Barrera Cala n Porter
- Hotel Sa Barrera Cala'n Porter, Menorca, Spain