We stayed here for two weeks at the end of June. We stayed in room 302 which is on the roadside, I have to say that this wasn't an issue at all for us, the road is a dead end so there's only the occasional vehicle going up and down. The room itself was on the small side but we didn't go just to sit in the room.
The room was cleaned every day we were there with towels and bedding changed every other day. In general the hotel and grounds were spotless, when you walk by the front of the hotel you can see into the kitchen area and it always looked immaculate.
The staff are very friendly, speak a number of languages very well, and are always on hand to help out if needs be.
We stayed on bed and breakfast basis, the breakfast is continental with Spanish omelette fresh breads, pastries, fresh fruit, and eggs and bacon can be ordered as part of it aswell. A little tip, rather than using the automatic coffee machine, they also have a proper coffee machine behind the counter which is much nicer for a decent cappuccino.
The hotel is run by Italians which shines through with the food in the evening, delicious pizza and pastas. We ate here a few times and can't fault the quality. I would say that cala n porter is relatively poor for food, it's definitely set up for Brits abroad. Lots of signs about for full English fry ups etc. we hired a car and went to most places on the island, however the beach is only a few minutes walk from the hotel, down quite a lot of stairs, but is quite nice and picturesque.
My only criticism of the hotel is the mark ups for food, in particular desserts, and wine. €13 for 1 dessert is quite high, and for a bottle of wine we paid €14, and saw the same bottle the following day in the local supermarket for less than €3.
All in all this is a lovely place with brilliant staff, excellent service and in a good position for exploring the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only hotel in Menorca. Enjoy a free kids holiday. Three star hotel in Menorca with 26 rooms at only 200 meters from a beautiful sandy beach. Open all year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Sa Barrera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sa Barrera Hotel Cala`n Porter
- Sa Barrera Cala n Porter
- Hotel Sa Barrera Cala'n Porter, Menorca, Spain