Just returned from a two week stay at the Royal Sun in beautiful Los Gigantes. This is a fantastic hotel. We had a beautiful one bed apartment with a large balcony, our own table and sun loungers and a gorgeous view. It was beautifully clean and well equipped with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle etc. The rooms are cleaned every day bar one a week and the cleaning staff do a brilliant job and are very friendly. The shower can be a bit difficult to get in and out of but as long as you put a towel down and take your time its no dramas. We were very happy with our room. We were breakfast only and can find no faults here either, Riccardo and his staff in the restaurant put on a good spread and we enjoyed our breakfast very much. Special mention must go to Pedro in the bar, a real character who is a real credit to the hotel and made our stay that bit more enjoyable. The girlfriend and myself enjoyed our time chatting with him and also the reception staff who were always friendly and bent over backwards to help with any queries. We enjoyed our stay there, the pool was great and the Spanish staff that we met, every one of them, were friendly, helpful and a credit to the hotel. I would also like to say thank you to the handymen who, when the fans in our room failed, fixed them within the hour. So why am I not giving the hotel an excellent rating ??, simply put the Russian contingent in the hotel are some of the most ignorant people I have ever met. A couple of nights before we left they set up a Karaoke session in the bar at a massive volume, we could not hear what we were saying to our fellow guests and Pedro let alone the noise that people on the first level must have been putting up with. There was a massive room next door they could have used but they seemed intent on spoiling everyone else's night as they sat ignoring everyone blaring out Russian songs. We also saw this side at the Monday night barbeque, having spent twenty euros a head we watched with some mirth what can only be described as a full on scrum when the food appeared. It didn't matter if you were waiting as apparently being Russian in this hotel means you can just barge everyone out of the way. After an hour of trying to get some chicken we gave up. So to sum up this is an amazing hotel, the Spanish staff are a credit to the place but the Russian owners need to realise that if they allow their countrymen to run amok people like myself are going to have doubts about returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs' highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From elegant dining in "Aqua" restaurant, managed by Lucas Maes, one of the prestigious Canarian chefs, to thematic buffets in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the modern gym and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including air conditioning in lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a complete kitchen. The bathrooms have a walk in shower, or semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sun Apartments Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Royal Sun Resort Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Spain