Spent the first week in October at the Royal Sun. One of the best hotels we have stayed in! We had a one bedroom apartment on the third floor (same level as the swimming pool), large open plan kitchen and living area, smallish bedroom and large bathroom. Huge balcony! So lovely to be able to spend so much time relaxing in private! And then toddle along to the pool if we felt like it. Sun loungers on the balcony were more comfortable than by the pool and the view was just as beautiful so we had a few days where we stayed on our balcony all day! Bath tub was nice and big so we made a little plunge pool out of it for when it got too hot! Fully functioning kitchen was brilliant, imagine it would be great with small children who could be fussy eaters (like me!) and make sure you take some dishwasher tablets with you so you don't have to wash up. Bed was a bit hard for me and the combination of having the ceiling fan on at night and the window open meant I had quite broken sleep but I am a light sleeper. Plus I could just get up and snooze on the balcony! It was very hot, particularly from about 2-5pm so nice to have a sleep in the shade. The pool area was never crowded and plenty of sunbeds. We liked the seated area in the pool! And good slush puppies from the pool bar. Used the squash court a couple of times, a lot slippier than normal squash courts! Did not make use of the restaurant or bar as went out most nights. Got a free wifi code to use for 7 days, nice luxury to have internet in our room and all around the hotel, especially to use what's app and face time so my phone bill has no extra charges! No hair dryer in the room so lucky I took one. Would probably have expected one to be there but no biggie. If you don't want an early morning wake up make sure you put the sign on the door as our cleaner (very nice lady) was doing the rounds by 9am. We didn't use any taxis as the walk was good for us after all the eating and lounging around. Good workout walking back up to the hill! Restaurants - had a nice meal one night in the Chinese backing onto the square, they also do take away delivery if you want a night in! Ate a couple of times at a restaurant just before and opposite the Italian with the birds, funny waiter! And also had a nice lasagne and pizza at an Italian if you keep going along the road after turning left out the hotel, probably the closest restaurant to the hotel but we only found it on the last night! Imagine we will be back at some point in the future, please don't change too much before then!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs' highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From elegant dining in "Aqua" restaurant, managed by Lucas Maes, one of the prestigious Canarian chefs, to thematic buffets in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the modern gym and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including air conditioning in lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a complete kitchen. The bathrooms have a walk in shower, or semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sun Apartments Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Royal Sun Resort Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Spain