We stayed here for a week in July, as a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers in a 2 bed apartment. The apartments are very large, comfortable and well equipped. The balconies are amazing and every one has a fantastic view of the town, harbour, sea and incredible rocks. My only slight complaint about the apartment is there is no air conditioning which we did find difficult as didn't want to leave balcony doors open at night in case of bugs and during the day provided little breeze anyway, so we had to buy additional free standing fans for our rooms at a cost of 70 euros for 2. The ceiling fans were insufficient and these additional fans really did the trick so the hotel could do well to either provide better ceiling or other fans or get air con. On another positive most of the staff are fantastic and very helpful, especially Alex and Agaluf (not sure if that is spelt correctly though) and really go out of their way to make everyone happy. The whole place is spotlessly clean, not a cockroach or ant in sight as we have experienced in tenerife before so this is a real plus. We were half board and whilst the quality of the food we had on the whole was very good the evening menu is quite limited and I could not have coped with it for more than a week just down to the limited options and need to repeat same items. We often asked for things that were also not available which further hampered this. Breakfast buffet is adequate and fairly good with some items also cooked to order. Outside dining in either breakfast or dinner restaurants with incredible views over the town and sea and amazing sunsets at night are also a real plus. The location is great, a lovely walk down into Santiago, Los Gigantes or Playa La Arena still only 20-30 mins away but we tended to get a cab back as the hotel sits at the highest point so quite a tough walk back but which is great for the views which are the most amazing we have ever experienced from the entire hotel. Pool area is more than adequate and very quiet as many guests seem to go on trips or to the beach (at least they did while we were there), plenty of beds and umbrellas. The drinks are a bit pricey although they did amend some of these whilst we were there but as the apartments also provide very well for self catering you can easily bring in your own drinks for during the day. Entertainment limited at night and mostly provided for during dinner. I would definitely return to this hotel as it provided an extremely chilled break for us all, however, I would probably go there self catering next time unless the limited menu were extended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs' highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From elegant dining in "Aqua" restaurant, managed by Lucas Maes, one of the prestigious Canarian chefs, to thematic buffets in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the modern gym and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including air conditioning in lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a complete kitchen. The bathrooms have a walk in shower, or semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sun Apartments Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Royal Sun Resort Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Spain