We stayed at the Royal Sun Resort at the end of June 2013. We thoroughly recommend this hotel and resort. The hotel sits up on the hillside of Los Gigantes. It enjoys truly stunning views of the ocean and the resort of Los Gigantes itself. If you wish to walk to the resort it takes about 15 mins. Beware, it's a steep walk coming back that requires a little energy, but a €3 taxi if you don't fancy it. Resort is fairly quiet but enough to entertain with restaurants, bars, live music and boat trips to see dolphins & whales (fab!). Every room at the Royal Sun has a large sun terrace with sunbeds and stunning ocean views. Plenty of sunbeds for everyone by the pool too. Only minor criticism was the lack of aircon in the rooms but to be honest, Tenerife cools off nicely at night and Richard on reception kindly offered us an aircon unit which we didn't really need. Hotel clean, friendly and without question the best in Los Gigantes. If you're reading this unsure where to book like we were then go for it. We loved it and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs' highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From elegant dining in "Aqua" restaurant, managed by Lucas Maes, one of the prestigious Canarian chefs, to thematic buffets in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the modern gym and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including air conditioning in lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a complete kitchen. The bathrooms have a walk in shower, or semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Royal Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sun Apartments Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Royal Sun Resort Los Gigantes, Tenerife, Spain