“Another set of great memories” 5 of 5 bubbles

Los Gigantes Diving Centre
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Another set of great memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have used Los Gigantes Dive Centre on previous visits to Tenerife in 2005 and 2007. On those occasions as it has been very much a family holiday, my wife and I alternated our diving and booking dives randomly as suited our other plans with the family.

This time was no different except that one of my older daughters is now also qualified to dive. We have each dived in the last week and it has been great as it has been in previous occasions. However on two counts this time, the staff at the centre have really gone the extra mile. On our first dive my daughter was wearing a Go Pro Video camera on a head strap to capture her first warm water dive. Right at the end of the dive I noticed it was no longer on her head.

Back at the centre, Sheila, Nev, Chris and Stefan all discussed and advised where the camera might have ended up and although we were not there they, along with some local ex pat divers had a search for the camera - to no avail. They offered to take me to the same site the next day and there with some further advice and a huge helping of luck, I found the camera.

Later in the week I dived with my wife. she is a fairly experienced rescue diver but has not dived for some years and after we dropped in she had some concern. It was one of those occasions where as husband, however experienced, is not the answer and Stefan, the dive leader was excellent at putting her mind at rest and we then went on to have a fabulous dive.

All in all a great trip and a really good service from all concerned.

Nothing it too much trouble and we are looking forward to a couple more dips before having to go back to the UK.

It may be a few more years but we will be back!

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Milton Keynes
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Really impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went on seven dives with the centre and was really impressed. The instructors were great and sites were fab. Saw lots of rays, eels etc. All the staff were either English or spoke the language well. I diving in Crete last year and there was a lot of faffing and time wasting - not so here. You were given a box in which you could keep your kit and a hanger to put your wetsuit on for the duration of your trip, which saved lugging it back to the hotel every day. The prices seemed reasonable. I did seven dives in total (with own equipment) and it was just under 190 euros. It's worth making sure your travel insurance covers you to dive as you then get a 10% discount. Only wish I could have dived more!

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FAB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My daughter and Husband Came here Regulary as my Husband is a Diving Instructor Cheap for Money But WORTH IT

Visited May 2013
Windsor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Family Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just got back from Los Gigantes with my family (2 girls aged 11 and 13 and 1 boy aged 9) and had a great experience with the Diving Centre. My son is too young to dive so my husband and the two girls went out with Sheila and my son and I were kitted out to snorkel while they dived. Sheila was great with the girls who were complete beginners and they completed a 30 minute dive with her and their dad which they thoroughly enjoyed. Sheila also took loads of photos which she shared with us on Dropbox so the girls can remember this first experience. I loved being able to look down at them below me in the water, very cool!! Sheila was great and very friendly.

Visited April 2013
scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Warm water diving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Friendly staff and a nice surprise to be asked to do buddy checks and receive a briefing on the dive site an easy stroll out the centre and onto the boat so no buggering about with minibuses etc .Reasonable prices as well , a lot of the other divers are regulars

Visited March 2013