“Great for a special occasion”

El Rincon de Juan Carlos
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Los Gigantes
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fabulous food but it is expensive for the area. Also found the seating (outside) extremely uncomfortable

There are newer reviews for El Rincon de Juan Carlos

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Read the reviews so came here. How wrong could we be. The service was terrible food okish and no atmosphere. Waste of a good evening and money. Too posh and stuck up. If you like that kind of style great otherwise think twice.
Cannot see why it has so many good reviews really.

1  Thank Stussey
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, it is a family run restaurant and the food was exceptional! The mum does all the cooking whilst the sons help in the kitchen and the daughter-in-laws serve you.
The presentation was outstanding and the food was amazing. I have been coming to Tenerife for over 20years and never knew about this restaurant until my visit this month. I cannot recommend enough a visit to this restaurant if your are in Los Gigantes.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had heard good reviews about this restaurant, but we had never tried it out for ourselves over the many years we've been visiting Los Gigantes. We tried it this time and are now left wondering why we didn't go there much sooner.

What a fantastic experience - because that's what it is. It's not just dinner. The service is so very professional and the food ..... what can I say. It was sublime. There were so many flavours going on that it was obvious to us that this was the work of a very talented Chef. Worth every penny of the bill and it wasn't cheap, but nor should it be. I believe you get what you pay for.

This is a restaurant of very high standards indeed and a perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or just to spend your last night in paradise (as we did this year).

We'll be back next year to sample more delights from this fantastic find of a restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been visiting this amazing hidden gem in Tenerife for the past 3 years and this is the first time I have written a review.
The waitress even remembered us from our previous visits in 2011 when visiting recently. The service provided was unhurried, thoughtful and knowledgeable, particularly when ordering our dessert wine! This is a true fine dining experience so if you are not familiar, don't go expecting to order sides with your main meal. Each course is cooked exquisitely. From the warm breads through to the petit fours this is a true gastronomic taste journey. I will be visiting again when I return to the Island, guaranteed!