I LOVED this hotel! I'm usually more a fan of self catering accommodation than hotels as I find that they can be quite impersonal, but that was not at all the case at the Rey Carlos. The staff here were amazing. It was almost the end of the season and they must have been ready for their winter break, but they never let it show. We're not exactly difficult customers, but nothing was too much trouble. They always went out of their way to greet us and to ask about our stay. Facilities are much better suited to this hotel now being "Adults only". There are lots of lovely seating areas in both the shade and the sun, inside and out, and plenty of sunbeds available. We were on a bed and breakfast board basis. Breakfast is buffet style, but the choice was fantastic. There was fresh fruit, bread with jams, cheese and meats, a large selection of sweet and savoury pastries, cereals, 3 or 4 different types of bread, a large choice of cooked items, and omelettes/crepes cooked to order. We also ate here twice in the evenings from the buffet which was equally as delicious, and had an a la carte lunch of a delicious salad once during our stay. We charged these additional meals and quite a few drinks to our room and were astounded at how cheap the bill was at the end of our stay. I'd have had more if I'd known!! The rooms are spacious and well appointed with a fantastic shower. Towels are provided for use at the pool/beach. The hotel is on one edge of Es Castell, and we timed our walk from the hotel to the edge of Mahon harbour at 30 minutes, but the bus is easy and goes from a stop just 5 mins from the hotel. All in all a fantastic stay. I'd happily recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with great charm, completely renovated in 2012. Located in the historic harbour of Mahón in a prime waterfront position. Only a few minutes walk from the village shopping centre of Es Castell, and from Cales Fonts, a traditional small fishing harbour. The white sanded beaches of Punta Prima, Binibeca and Cala Mesquida are less than a 10km drive away.Rooms with panoramic views. Friendly and welcoming staff, always very much appreciated by regular clients, who are considered friends. Hotel for adults only who are seeking to explore the true, authentic Minorca while enjoying the comfort offered by a modern 4 star hotel. A wide range of food is served from the restaurant and terraces overlooking the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Artiem Carlos III Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rey Carlos Iii Hotel Es Castell
- Artiem Carlos III Adults Only Es Castell, Spain - Minorca