Just returned from a 7 night Half-Board stay at the Rey Carlos III and this Hotel is worthy in it's position of No1 Hotel in Es Castell. Our first impression of the Hotel was it looked out of place with it's brightly painted frontage in a small backstreet but that all changed once you entered your room. Recently refurbished in a minimalistic monochrome style with a good size bathroom, plenty of toiletries, hairdryer and large shower suitable for 2 (yes we did try). And...the fantastic view overlooking the sea not just from your room but also the restaurant. We took the easy option of HB but it's easy to see that people who chose B&B could go out and about for a lot of choice of various restaurants, which we did manage to eat lunch at. The staff were friendly with a special mention for Miguel and Estelle at reception and the waiters and waitresses. Breakfast was buffet style, fruit, cereals, fry ups and pastries. Evening meal again buffet style was somedays a little repetitive but it was the last week of season. However I managed to eat differently each night. I would recommend eating out for lunch.There are some good restaurants in Cales Fonts, most built into the wallsof the small harbour. Would recommend anywhereto eat here but we really liked the Nautica, on top of the harbour, a great set menu for 18 euros which includes a bottle of wine. Public Transport is reasonably priced. Plenty of places to visit from Mahon and from the Hotel a 2 minute walk to the boat to the "Isla Del Rey" or Hospital Island a great 2 hour visit of this historical building being rebuilt by volunteers. A drink and snack included for any contribution. All in all a great holiday and already a planned visit back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with great charm, completely renovated in 2012. Located in the historic harbour of Mahón in a prime waterfront position. Only a few minutes walk from the village shopping centre of Es Castell, and from Cales Fonts, a traditional small fishing harbour. The white sanded beaches of Punta Prima, Binibeca and Cala Mesquida are less than a 10km drive away.Rooms with panoramic views. Friendly and welcoming staff, always very much appreciated by regular clients, who are considered friends. Hotel for adults only who are seeking to explore the true, authentic Minorca while enjoying the comfort offered by a modern 4 star hotel. A wide range of food is served from the restaurant and terraces overlooking the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Artiem Carlos III Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rey Carlos Iii Hotel Es Castell
- Artiem Carlos III Adults Only Es Castell, Spain - Minorca