“Unbeileiable”

City Park Sant Just
Canada
“Unbeileiable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

It was hard to find as it was way further out than we expected It is at least 30 minutes by tram and subway to downtown. There is very little around the hotel and the restaurant is only open at odd hours. When we arrived they said they had nothing for us and there were no rooms available until I showed my confirmation. The first room we got was a smoking room, The next room we got the pull out bed was broken, the next room we got was occupied with a young couple who were in bed when I walked in( how embarrassing for both parties) The fourth room was ok. The restaurant opens at 830pm and poorly serviced and the bar was poorly serviced. The hallway lights are all on motion detectors which was hard to get used to.

I fell in a stairwell that was light by a timed switch and broke my shoulder. The Manager help us get back to Canada and assisted me in filing and insurance claim with their insurance company. Unfortunately I now have a Spanish Lawyer because the insurance company has said it wasn't the fault of the hotel. A bad sign for the hotel as I am still partially disabled

• Liked — The Manager
  • Disliked — The resuraunt and Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank marvin99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

After i read everyones review on this hotel i was very worried. But when i got to the hotel i was very impressed with the service and the people who work there. Yes it is out of no where but thats why you have a tram going straight to the main city for free.

The cabs are about 16-20 euros to the airport and the city which aint £100. As you are going on a holiday you cant think about how cheap you are going to get it for, as you are in europe and its just the same price as in UK.

If you are under 30 going with the lads its very good especially after 10pm in LAS RAM LAS! Overall the rooms were nice and clean had every thing u need. I would wish if they had more of a variety to eat near the hotel. But go and enjoy it. Trust me

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank ARajaLondon
São Paulo, Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

Barcelona airport tourist office made the reservation. Most hotels were fully booked.

In all respects travellers should in my opinion avoid this hotel. The property was generally dirty, poorly maintained, service was awful and it was well overpriced. No TV control in room. Phone in room simply did not work.

Reception staff and manager simply agreed with all my comments recognising that the standard was well below that required for the Hotel's rating!

Owners should be ashamed, and take urgent action to upgrade the hotel.

A disgrace.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Awful in all respects
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ICD53

Travelers are raving about these Sant Just Desvern hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

We were sent to this hotel after a mix up in bookings at its sister property, the City Park Pelayo, in the town centre. The location was dreadful - way out in the middle of nowhere. We'd been led to believe it was only ten minutes from the centre, but it took us 45 minutes to get there through rush hour traffic. I've also never been to a hotel that considers itself four star with such poor facilities - we hadn't eaten for ten hours, the restaurant was shut, there was no staff at the bar on the two occassions we checked and not even tea and coffee making equipment in the rooms. We'd been told the hotel was surrounded by 'bars and shops' - fine, if you've come to Barcelona to buy a Nissan or eat a Lexus! Even remote controls for the TV were only available on request and the hotel room was about as sparse as it could be, with absolutely no information, maps, guides, menus or anything. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and came with only one pillow, so don't expect a good night's sleep.

We managed to switch back to the Pelayo - thank goodness - which doesn't claim as many stars and yet was strangely much better equipped and altogether a much better bet.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank KPLondon100
midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2007

On arrival we were ripped off by a cheating taxi driver who was unable to find this hotel which is located in the middle of nowhere near some building site and tram tracks- brilliant views!!
All the temp was a lot higher than it was in England that was no excuse for the aircon to be on full blast and had the inability to be turned down- this resulted to extra blankets and hooded tops to be worn!!!

On waking up from one freezy nights sleep we headed for breakfast, the spread was good but no impressive. We ate breakfast and then headed for the pool. For anyone looking at the hotel pictures and thinking that you can imagine yourselves sat round the pool sippin on cocktails whilst your friend or family member frolics in the large pool. Stop that day dreaming now, because after searching and walking down a overrun path leading from the back door of the hotel, we stumbled across a postage stamp excuse for a paddling pool, I have seen bigger bath tubs!! the staff were rude very rude and half of them were standing around whilst one lady struggled to keep up with the demand at the front desk. The breakfast totalled 28 euros for two people a rip off is all that can be summaised for this experience. It is out of the way,no where near the airport. There are much closer hotels that offer free taxi services to your accommodation. If this was the only place in Barcelona I would still stay away, the streets are friendlier. STAY AWAY!!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — freezy rooms and rip off breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

Two complaints.

1. The first room they gave us was dirty and not yet cleaned. We complained to reception and the woman told us the room would be cleaned immediately. After waiting in the reception for an hour, we went back to the room but it was just as we left it before. We returned to reception and asked for another room. The receptionist complied. Our new room was smaller, but clean.

2. I payed for our room by debit card. The first time I entered my PIN no receipt printed out, so the receptionist told me to enter it again. It wasn't until I checked my bank statement (which arrived 3 weeks later), that I realised they had charged me the exact transaction twice. I was appalled that they had not refunded the difference as they must have realised their error by this time. They clearly hoped it would go unnoticed. I have been calling the hotel every day for a week and a half, and my calls are never answered. I have now had to resort to legal action.

Considering we only stayed in the hotel for one night, this has been a lot of hassle to go through. I would thoroughly discourage anyone from using this hotel, there are far better hotels in Barcelona with a more welcoming reception, and closer to the city centre.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank kchica
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2007

I stayed here on 4 separate occasions for business. The location was absolutely ideal because Sant Just is next to the industrial areas where I was working. However for people on holiday this is too out of the way. You can get very inexpensive rates on Priceline (60-75 euros a night) and their standard rate is 110 euros a night (plus a good buffet breakfast spread).

The free internet (ethernet cable and 2 computers in cafe) is great , the rooms are spotless with a modern clean wood look, bathrooms are spacious, free beverages in their cooler, and overall very comfortable with new linens, beds, lots of toiletries.

The customer service is frustratingly bad and seems that management is not regarding the feedback.

1. There is usually 1 person at reception, often long waits to check in and check out or for any questions/issues about the rooms. They can barely understand English.

2. The hotel often books tour groups so busloads arrive and oftentimes, there are teenage kids who run rampant. One night, they were trolling the halls from 12-2AM. I had to call reception twice to request someone to come up but the noise continued. That said, the walls are thin so you can hear people passing in the hall.

3. My colleague had a confirmed booking and when he went to check in, was told the hotel was booked for 2 of his 6 nights stay. They did nothing to accommodate him. The one night he did stay, they had to move him into 3 different rooms though none of them had air conditioning (it was in the 90Fs that weekend).

4. They don't patch phone calls through. My husband was calling in from London and the call was dropped or he had to wait a few minutes before it was dropped-- about 8 times.

5. When you need to make a change to your reservation, you have to call 2 different central reservations lines to confirm the change.

If you are on holiday, avoid this place as it doesn't allow you to be close to the beautiful city sights. There is a tram stop out in front that it takes 25 minutes (trams come every 10-15min) to Francesc Macia which is the shopping/restaurant area to the north of the city. Though to get down to La Rambla etc, would take another 15-20 minutes with a change from tram to metro. Otherwise, the nearest train station is San Feliu which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel and the train is 12 minutes from the Estacion Sants (main train station) or 15 minutes to Placa Catalunya.

• Liked — Free internet, value prices, newer facilities and comfortable, clean, modern rooms
  • Disliked — Almost every aspect of reception and customer service, noise from other guests, distance from central barcelona
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
#8 of 10 in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Sercotel Barcelona Gate Hotel
Sercotel Barcelona Gate Hotel
#3 of 3 in Sant Joan Despi

Been to City Park Sant Just? Share your experiences!