“Great staff (and lots of free parking)”
Review of NH Porta Barcelona

NH Porta Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Great staff (and lots of free parking)”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Business hotels tend to be cold and distant. This hotel is a total exception! I stayed at NH Porta de Barcelona during a business trip in Barcelona from Nov 20th to Nov 27th and felt like home. The personnel was kind and very respectful. The director himself helped me solving an issue with my laptop (thanks Mr. Rius). These guys absolutely exceeded my expectations. Plus, I found lots of free space to park my car every day.

Room Tip: I was in room 504 and WiFi signal was around 80%. Altough it never represented a problem for me, I g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerard M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went there during a week in november. We could say that for the price it was fair. The bed was a bit small (for us), but alright. The shower was not so good, although the bad had a good size, but the water came out with low pressure. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the girl in the evenings at the reception and the cleaning staff. We didn't have time to enjoy the fitness centre. The parking outside was ok. The location was good to move by public transport, although it takes half an hour to get to city centre from there, at least. Internet connection was perfect for us. We would go back there and would recommend it to friends, advising to expect not much.

Room Tip: we requested one with a fridge, apparently not all the them have one
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Blonay, Switzerland
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I chose to stay in NH Porta Barcelona for 2 reasons: proximity to the office where I needed to go and the price due to a smart deal special offer. I was not disappointed with this hotel. The room (single) was pretty small, but absolutely sufficient for me. Wireless internet was working - though very slow. There is also a fitness (with sauna) that I used once and it was satisfying. Breakfast offer is ok, but there is a lack of warm food (e.g. fried eggs, ham etc.). I also had a dinner in the hotel restaurant and I liked a lot the served fish menu. But there are also other restaurant choices close by. The whirlpool in the fitness area was not working - and this apparently since quite some time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My father and I stayed at several NH hotels and they are the European version of a Embassy Suites or the like. the hotel and room was great, wifi was slow to put it politely and breakfast was not included but for €50 per night we were not complaining.

This hotel is not very convenient for those looking to explore Barcelona by public transport. You have a 10 min walk to the tram, 20 min ride into the city and from there it all depends on where you want to go. My father and I did the city tour bus ticket which we purchased for two days. This is certainly the way to go to explore the city for the first time because they take you everywhere you would want to see and tell you a little about each place. Also you can hop off the bus and explore at your own pace.

If you are considering this hotel for a stay in Barcelona and you are using public transportation to view the city then please consider the public transportation costs into your daily expenses because it can add up. Also, do not use gps to find the address because it will put you in the wrong place, big time! If you can find a decent hotel in Barcelona for €10-15 more I would stay in Barca because you will easily be spending that getting to the city and you would be saving yourself an hour+ each day in commuting.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is I would suggest suitable for business people. It could do with an update as the rooms are very dull. The location it is situated is very quiet but the travel transport is very good with buses and trams.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irenerowland
Barcelona
Reviewed September 7, 2012

HI,

I have bad experience with this hotel the Aircondition was not working when i checked in the day i arrived. The second day i told them they told me we fixed it. When i arrived at night the Aircondition was still not working. Then they told me you can move to another room when i arrived in de second room the Aircondition was also not working. I got pissed of cause it took almost like 2 hours moving my stuff to another room and they didn;t help me to move my stuff. Finally i got a room where the Aircondition was working. I told them i wanna get money back. The told me you can get your money back cause you booked your hotel from the easytobook website. I only received a free breakfast. Next time i won;t visti the NH- hotel really bad experience and disappointed about there service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Mustafa N
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel very clean staff very helpfull, the downsides are apart from breakfast the resturant and bar closed all the time and very few places to eat near hotel.....The location is not very good for getting to any of the sites to see it takes about 45 mins to get into the hart of the city by bus 157 or 63 which if your stay is longer than a few days gets on your nerves as you have to do this trip every day as absoluty nothing near by not even a park....
Ps dont get a taxi from Airport as they rip you of 50 euros for a 15 to 20 min journey......get the A2 airport bus then 157 bus works out about 9 euros and takes about an hour in total.....We did enjoy our stay in Barcalona very lovely city........

Room Tip: No complant with room was on 2nd floor shame no balcony though
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
#186 of 513 in Barcelona
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
#100 of 513 in Barcelona

Been to NH Porta Barcelona? Share your experiences!