TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Elliot’s today and had their menu del dia. Thank goodness we hadn’t had breakfast as the portions were generous and very well presented. I had feta salad to start and my husband had breaded mushrooms. Both very tasty and oil and mayonnaise were in little packets with a handy pair of scissors to get them open( very thoughtful)!
For main we both had fish chips and garden peas. We had heard that people come from far and wide to eat these and we were not disappointed. It was excellent and the cod had crispy batter with fantastic hand cut chips. It was a generous plate full and not small like other restaurants we have eaten in previously when ordering the set menu of the day.

Then after a break to digest the main course....we managed the dessert. I had a delicious trifle and my husband had the hot cherries and ice cream. Both were great and finished off the meal that set us up for the day. And all three courses for only €11 each what a bargain!! Will definitely recommend this restaurant and return again soon.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely FAB fish and chips. The best we’ve had anywhere in Spain and we’ve lived on the Costa Blanca for almost 17 years.

I had a small portion whilst my husband had a medium. I don’t eat huge portions but hubby usually manages without a problem....... however we both had to take home what we couldn’t eat for later! This was not a problem for the restaurant.

Service excellent too and after our meal we got talking to kitchen staff who were extremely friendly.

Other customers had steak as well as other choices and everyone we spoke to thoroughly enjoyed their meal.

For a Monday night all tables both indoors and outside on the patio were occupied. That speaks for itself really.

Will be a first port of call next time we stay in this area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is great and staff can't do enough for you. I mentioned that I was gluten intolerant. They made me a full Sunday roast which included stuffing, cauliflour cheese, Yorkshire pudding and gluten free gravey! It was delicious. Then we called in the other day with family visiting from the UK, for Fish and chips. They made me gluten free fish and chips!! The batter was amazing. Thank you to all of the staff. We will be back soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have never felt suffocated in a place before. I went in just as they were closing, so I asked for a takeaway. After 14 years in aSpain where I was the only foreigner and seven months in France, where they pass off frozen chips and surgically prepared bits of frozen fish as 'authentic' and charge 13€ for it, I had high expectations. They were not met. A sign proclaims 'Food cooked with love takes time. Rrelax and take a drink' which I interpreted as 'we don't have a proper fish fryer and we will charge you 2€ for glass of carton wine' The place is clean transport cafe. The food, when it finally arrived, was a disappointment. It came in a cardboard, recyclable box, so brownie points for that, and they were 'proper' chips, not frozen. But the whole thing was tasteless, it was like a PC version of Fish and chips. The batter on the fish (not cod, probably hake) was too thin and went soggy as it cooled. But whatreally cloyed was the over effusive woman who acted like an over active sheep dog or a headmistress on speed. They claim to have the best home cooked food in the area. Err No. Any Spanish restaurant can outstrip them, at half the price.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Booked for dinner as we were a large group and for start to finish the whole experience was excellent. The staff couldn’t have been more welcoming and accommodating and the food was all home made and really good quality special mention goes to the fish and chips which was as good as I have had at home. I didn’t have desert as I was too full from the large cod and chips but rumour has it the Baileys cheesecake and chocolate brownies were superb. Even our friends who have been coming to the area for years were surprised how good it was and were planing to come again.

Date of visit: August 2019