2,524 results
All reviews the cave bar entertainment team piano bar pool area thomas cook self service evening entertainment sea view basket of fruit plenty of sunbeds bar staff relaxing holiday salad plenty of choice free safe on tap tapas restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this hotel aloft a last minute child free break.
We were first drop off on the coach and it took 30 mins, I am glad I didn’t book a private transfer. Check in was quick and Rosealie came out and put the bands on people which helped speed it up.

Before arriving you get an email giving you the chance to book sunbeds and choose your room. There was only one option of room available and it was next to the lifts, which as we wanted a relaxing break I didn’t fancy a noisy room so I emailed and asked for a quiet room and we were given floor 7 and towards the end of the corridor. The room was so quiet and even though we had people next door we didn’t hear anyone or any noise from the corridor. We choose not to reserve sunbeds, there was always sunbeds available so I am not sure why a previous review says there wasn’t. The spares were stacked up. If someone has paid for a sunbed and did not sit at it well that’s up to them. We were up early every day and got sunbeds at the front, but we sat on them from early until late and made the most of the views and sun! Regarding a review below about a bag going missing.... this bag was removed as it was put out early before security let you out. It was placed on a chair very visible near the bar but the people did not see it, so were telling people it had been stolen, and still sat at the sun-beds (on other people’s blue towels) despite their belongings being removed from them.

The hotel staff are very attentive; from the restaurant staff to the lifeguard who talked to everyone and even cleared empty cups from around the pool.

I was very happy with the food, it was all hot and replenished regularly. The bread selection was lovely and fresh and the salad bar and canapé selection was brilliant. Although there wasn’t a huge choice of food I would rather have hot fresh food than a massive selection.
Ryan the rep talked to everyone and made everyone feel welcome there was 2 other reps but these didn’t seem to have the presence Ryan had.

The Cave bar was great, chairs do go quickly on a night so expect to share a table or if you get there after 9 you will most prob have to stand up. The entertainment acts we watched during our staff were top quality; I have never been in a hotel where the dance floor is full each night like it was there. The act weren’t just the normal cover acts they seemed to be more professional.

I liked the fact the snack bar food was ordered to eat and not just another buffet. I did hear people moaning saying there wasn’t much choice and they had to pay for a burger... but they could have just went and ate in the restaurant and had what they wanted (one day it was burgers!)

Pool towels are left in your room.

If your leaving early book an early breakfast the day before.

I would recommend this hotel and I would like to return.

4  Thank T-E-S-P-14
calavinyes, Director General at SENTIDO Cala Vinas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow Thank you very much for your review. It fills me with pride to lead such a competent team. Everything we do in our hotel is for the satisfaction of our guests. We want you to feel better than at home.
I hope to welcome you to Sentido Cala Viñas soon again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel has a stunning location on the edge of a secluded and unspoiled bay. The hotel rooms and facilities are all in excellent condition and make for a very comfortable stay. We stayed on a half-board package and the buffet food was excellent, one of the best that I have seen in Majorca after many visits. The hotel is in a rather secluded spot with only a supermarket nearby - it's perfect for an all-inclusive visit, but might not hold enough interest for people looking to explore the island and try new spots (although Magaluf is only a 15 minute walk away). Additionally the hotel would benefit from information packs being available in the rooms. We had to find out a lot through asking people directly or hearing from other guests, and it would be easier to provide a simple outline of what is available so that guests have the best stay possible! Overall, a very relaxing visit in a beautiful spot.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyJ2212

Fantastic Emily, I'm glad micho have had a good time with us. We have a new information system to protect the environment, through the mobile or through a tactile screen in reception.
See you soon
pau Bori Soucheiron

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are due to leave this hotel tomorrow, having been here a week.

Location- in a lovely unspoilt bay with a public beach. There are 2 supermarkets and 2 restaurants. There are buses to Magaluf, Palma Nova and Palma. Magaluf is a 20 minute walk away but this is not on the flat. After Magaluf, it is another 25 mins on top to walk to Palma Nova. We did both on foot and the walks were lovely.

Noise- We could not hear any of the hotel entertainment from our room (we were on the fifth floor) but the hotel over the other side of the bay was very loud on some days/nights. Also, there are a large amount of people staying in the hotel who are going out in Magaluf. There was very loud music playing from some of the rooms in the evening while they got ready, and we were woken up by them returning at 6am for 3 nights running. Not the hotel's fault but still worth bearing in mind if you are looking for a quiet hotel.

Entertainment- the entertainment staff work really hard here, but aren't pushy. There are quizzes round the pool, darts, Jenga...it's all nice and varied. Ryan in particular is very good and was making sure everyone was having a good time. The cave bar is a really nice feature and opens in the evening. Also, thank you to Rosalie and the Thomas Cook rep, Helen, for a really informative welcome meeting. Helen was on hand throughout the week and it was nice that we had a rep who was so hands on.

Amenities- you can use the indoor pool and the gym free of charge. Spa treatments are available for a fee. I found the prices quite expensive compared to at home (35 euros for 30 minutes- I pay about £40 for an hour's treatment at home) but I have seen other hotels charge more. There is a shop in the hotel but it only sells clothes that you can buy far cheaper in Magaluf (papers etc are not sold there). There are 3 bars but only the pool bar is open throughout the day. The piano bar opens during lunch time and then again at 6:30pm for the evening. The cave bar only opens at night. My biggest complaint is that there are not enough sunbeds and certainly aren't enough brollies. In addition, the sun terrace isn't big enough and you don't get hardly any space between sunbeds. The hotel allows guests to formally reserve sunbeds at a cost, then they sit unused for a lot of the day with a "reservado" tag on them. Everyone else just reserves sunbeds for the day using their towels at about 7am-8am, but we saw people removing other people's towels and we even heard of one couple's bag and towels being taken. Reception were really unhelpful about this and only said that you can't reserve beds using towels, but there were no signs anywhere enforcing this. It annoyed me that there weren't enough brollies when I went past a maintenance cupboard on the one day and saw about 20 unused brollies in there that could really have done with being outside. Again, if you like space around the pool then I'd avoid this hotel.

Rooms- the rooms are lovely, with a comfy bed, lots of storage, and a nice bathroom. Our balcony is a decent size. We only booked a land view room and ended up with a beautiful sea view. The air conditioning is quite quiet and we slept through it with no problem. The greatest feature of the room is an extra door between the bedroom and the front door of the room. When both doors are shut, you can't hear any noise from the bathroom or the corridor at all. The room was cleaned everyday to a high standard. The safe is provided for free, as are beach towels which you can exchange at reception. There is a fridge in the room and the TV includes a good number of British channels.

Staff- there were a few staff who were very friendly, but for the most part I actually found most of the staff a bit unfriendly. The only time that they seemed to want to speak was to tell you what they couldn't do or what you couldn't have on the all-inclusive. This was a first for me as I have always found the staff at Spanish hotels to be helpful and friendly. There is no hotel information supplied when you arrive, and nothing in the rooms. We found this very strange and it took us a couple of days to understand how everything worked here- mainly we just found out from other guests.

Food- the food standard is excellent here. The hotel's selection of breads is second to none, with granary, rye and sourdough breads all available. There is always fresh fish and meat on the menu along with pizza, paella and chips. The salad bar is also very good and whilst here I have also had quinoa, sauteed, steamed or grilled vegetables, curry, tortillas and meatballs. You pour your own drinks in the restaurant which does make things easier and quicker. There is a tapas menu available three times a week which you can book, but we didn't try this. My issue with the food comes with the all-inclusive. Most of the bar food is not on the all-inclusive and people must pay extra for burgers and sandwiches. Also, ridiculously, bottles water is not included on the all-inclusive. You get 2 small bottles provided in your room upon arrival and that is it. Water is available on tap in the main restaurant but this is only open at meal times. When I asked the staff at the pool bar to fill up my water bottle they advised me that they can not do this. Again, none of this was explained upon arrival at the hotel and I could hear a lot of people complaining about it to each other.

All in all, we have had a pleasant holiday but we wouldn't stay here again.

2  Thank Brumble_bee

Thank you very much for such an extensive review.
For me it is really a fantastic tool to be able to read everything that happens in the hotel with so much detail to be able to correct the small details that our clients do not like. really our information channel goes through your smartphone and through the touch screen that is at the entrance of the hotel, we do this to save paper and be a bit more respectful with the environment. But that does not excuse the fact that in reception nobody has communicated it to him. I would like very much to come back some day to our hotel to check the small changes that he asks us in his review and that for me are so important.
I have told Ryan and the animation team about their satisfaction with them and they have been very happy. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We,ve just got back from a week at this hotel, June 2019, loverly clean friendly place, waiter David in dining room was great, all staff were very friendly, food very good, spectacular views, just a bit to far out for us with husband having walking problems, about a 25min walk into magaluf. Not on level ground, ( if you want to see shops etc), And nowhere to go for a walk in the evening , on a negative side, l don,t like how people can prebook sunbeds and umbrella,s and never use them. One thing l do like while on holiday, and it,s just a personal thing, is .. l like to see tablecloths and a dress code in the evenings,

Room tip: We were on 10th floor, sea view, lifts were very good
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatriciaF3859

Dear Patricia,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, I have commented to David, our Maitre his comment and he has been very happy.
We try to serve the client every day a little better and we look for the personal satisfaction that our clients have a good time. I hope to welcome you again in Sentido cala Viñas
Thanks a lot,
Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I have just returned from our first holiday abroad together here at Sentido Cala Vinas for a 7 day break and it was perfect.

I am very confused about the negative reviews on here but I presume down to personal preferences as the only thing we could fault is the unpredictability of the lifts (they sometimes have a mind of their own!) Otherwise everything else was perfect.

To start off with the hotel is extremely clean and well looked after. The rooms are a lovely size and I definitely recommend getting a sea view room as the views are to die for. I would also suggest getting a room from floor 6 or above due to the restaurant on floor 4/5 and wanting to get a good enough view. We stayed on floor 8 and it was perfect. Beds are comfy despite being firm - had brilliant sleep each night. There was working air con in the rooms and a working fridge which was super handy.
Even a TV with some English channels if you fancy it whilst getting ready etc.

The food was amazing and had a nice mixture of authentic Spanish food and alternative to meet varying taste buds. Unfortunately my boyfriend struggled slightly due to having a nut allergy (although there are signs against MOST of the food letting you know of any potential allergic ingredients) and he also isnt a fan of fish so he was slightly more restricted to what he could have but what he did have he really enjoyed. The staff were also very helpful when trying to accommodate and explain what had nuts in etc.
You can never go hungry at this hotel due to the times of meals (including late breakfast from 10.30 til 12 - extra bonus!) And snacks available throughout the day from the bar. The drinks were also great. I wasnt a massive fan of the wine on tap but the sangria and Havana crushed cocktails were lovely.

I have seen a lot of reviews complaining about the entertainment however I think the hotel have this spot on. They have constant activities going on that would suit all kinds but they just dont shove it in your face. The nice thing is it is there if you want it and if not you can relax without any stress. We enjoyed the music in the cave bar most evenings. Its cheesy but ticks boxes.

We also treated ourselves to an a la carte meal one eve (this is only available thurs, fri and sat eves). It is located at the far end of the restaurant and is at no extra cost (if all inclusive). You get a 4 course tapas meal with various authentic Spanish food and table service. It was really lovely and well worth doing (shout out to Oscar who was super lovely and accommodating!)

We also treated ourselves to reserving one of the large sunbeds for a day. For 30 euros each you can reserve it for the whole day and you also get the biggest basket of fruit, a bottle of cava, 2 beers, 2 coke and 2 water bottles with ice to share. It seems like a lot of money but well worth it if you want to treat yourself to some luxury and privacy for a day. We then had a massage each at the spa. I nearly fell asleep twice having a 'relaxing ritual' and the salt scrub makes your skin beautiful and soft. I believe our masseuse was called Maria (only works there once a week) and she was absolutely amazing. So so kind, made me feel very comfortable and gave a lovely relaxing massage.

Outside of the hotel we visited the Geneva caves (about 20 mins away in taxi), a beautiful little cove if you go to the beach and turn left, keep walking for about 20 mins it is well worth it it will blow you away, and we also went to the Olive Tree in Torrenova (about 30 min walk) which was stunning food and beautiful location right on the seafront.
Also check out the Pirate show in Magaluf (dont bother upgrading to 'better' seats. We got the cheapest option and probs have the best seats there).

The only thing I would mention is be careful of some taxi drivers. We had one who picked us up from Geneva Caves and charged us 10 euros more than the taxi out there, she put the start rate up to the night rate and added an extra 4 euros on for being called to collect us and when I argued it she suddenly couldn't speak English! Luckily it was our only time when that happened but just keep an eye out.

Overall, if you are looking for a nice relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of normal life please take a visit. I cannot recommend it enough. Thank you to all the lovely staff and a shout out to the lovely gentleman who plays the piano every eve in the bar. Beautiful!

5  Thank FrancescaBA88

Dear Francesca, Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel and services. I have told Oscar and Maria their comments and they have been very happy. I have also been very happy that your holidays have been perfect. I hope to welcome you soon in our hotel.
Manager