“Expensive but good quality”

Il Capitano Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #23 of 164 Restaurants in Manilva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

A good but probably the most expensive in the port so I'd question value for money if on a budget. The Owner runs a tight ship in this and his other restaurants that make up those available in the Piazza del Fuente (Ciao and Victor Grill) but this does give him a monopoly. This has led to issues with other local businesses where he has flexed his muscles - hopefully he'll refrain in 2014 !

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very expensive and no better than any other Italian you will ever visit - owned by the same family as Ciao opposite

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is going to be one of my favourite restaurants. The first time we went all the staff were friendly, There were a lot of them and the service was excellent. We had time to digest each course and decided to eat three courses, this was because the pizza crust was so thin and light we had room for pudding. We had beautifully presented salad starters, pizzas and then a crème brulee and ice cream to finish. All this was washed down with a lovely rioja which was not overpriced. Very good value for money. Cant wait to return, the steaks looked awesome.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am amazed by the negative reviews. I never visit the same restaurant twice if I can help it, but we went to this place 3 times in one week. Because of my work, I am fortunate enough to eat in many famous Michelin starred restaurants and I have to say that the quality of the food is first class. The mushroom, cream and truffle pasta was so good I wanted to weep! The atmosphere is ok and the service is effective if not incredible, but the good is so good anything else seems irrelevant. Even our 4 year old and 18 month old are all of their food!

1  Thank Shai1906
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My partner took me out here on a special evening and the ambiance of the place matched with the occasion very nicely. It was refreshing to be in such a busy place out of the tourist season and waiters did they best to serve everybody on time.
However, we found that menu was super expensive (I think you can eat out in Marbella twice cheaper nowadays) and dishes are not worth the money paid. We had two pizzas and they were quite ok, but nothing outstanding.
In the end they've managed to bring us the bill from the wrong table and we had to wait long time for somebody to come to take it from us.
Would return only if prices would be at least 40% less.