“Great for pizza and pasta”

Il Capitano Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 164 Restaurants in Manilva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Ballerup, Denmark
“Great for pizza and pasta”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited the restaurant with my family of 5 (eating as adults), we had some garlic bread and bruchetta for sharing starters, this was quite nice while waiting for our mains. Afterwards we had two calzones, which was nice crispy and with lots of fillings, two regular pizzas and a seafood pasta dish, which had a great taste of seafood, although it didn't had as much filling (fish and seafood) as we had hoped for. For drinks we had three large cokes and two large beers, this came to a total of 90€. This doesn't seem too bad, but it isn't either a place we simply have to go back to. There is a great buzz at the restaurant, and it is nice to see how quick the waiters move and serve all the customers (which is a lot when the restaurant is full). All in all a great one-timer.

• Visited July 2013

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“By far the worst food and service I have ever experienced”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you are visiting Puerto de la Duquesa, you should steer clear of Il Capitano.

At a glance the staff look friendly and the ambiance is inviting. However, the good news ends there.

We ordered the Insalata Duquesa as a starter to share, this is their take on a Caesar salad. The lettuce was brown, chicken was out of a deli packet, the pancetta was little pieces of cold day old bacon and all of this was drowned in salad cream (bleurgh).

I ordered the Gorgonzola Pizza and my partner leg of lamb with veg.

Bearing in mind we had only been there 15 minutes, we were surprised when the waiter came out and brought our mains. The pizza was vile under cooked slop. Raw dough and greasy cheese, it seemed to have been put in a microwave rather than stone baked like their menu professed. The leg of lamb looked fit for a dogs chew toy. Dry, overcooked and I suspect also microwaved. The vegetables were frozen and so were the potatoes. They also provided my partner with a jar of Colmans Mint sauce which had seen better days. Label peeling off and gunk on the lid. When i checked the best before date it was out of date.

The waiter noticed we weren't touching our food so he asked us what was wrong. I told him the food was awful and not up to scratch. Especially not for the price we were expected to pay.

He duly called the manager or owner, I am unsure of his position. He asked me what was wrong and again I repeated that we weren't happy with the food. He grunted and took our plates away. I asked for the bill seeing as they were making no effort to make amends or offer us an alternative to what he had ordered. We sat there for 10 minutes waiting for someone to bring the bill over. We were getting menacing looks from the manager/owner so we decided to get up and leave.

Once we got up the manager/owner ran out and said he would call the police. I told him we were waiting for the bill and they were just ignoring us. The bill for that load of rubbish was €50.

Next time I will go to Parapiros which is also in Puerto de la Duquesa and much better quality and service!

• Visited July 2013
London
“Overpriced and unspecial.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've visited Il Capitano several times over the past 12 or so years, and it seems to just go more and more downhill with each visit. The appearance of the restaurant, the waiters' uniforms and the fancy wireless computer POS systems are all 'fancy', however the food itself is just bland, unspecial and most importantly very overpriced for what it is.

• Visited August 2012
South Wales
“very good option for vegetarians”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a nice meal at Il Capitano; I can recommend a veggie calzone: the veg were freshly cooked and the whole dish very tasty.

Visited May 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming and lively place”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The owner started off with a bar here years ago where the Jolly Sailor is now, he has known my family and me for over 20 years I am guessing. Yes he welcomes you like an old friend and appears genuinely pleased to see you, but those that moan about that on here, come on is that not the sign of a good host. I have never had a bad meal here and if you did I would be amazed if the owner did not address it for you straight away.
Those that say this place is overpriced and poor, then why is it busiest place in the port. The owner is a good host and runs a good restaurant. He says hello, asks how your family are and leaves you to enjoy your meal, if you want to make more conversation than that it is on your terms not his. Thanks for many nice meals. I would like to point out I am just a long standing customer and until reading reviews on here didn't realise his own name as we always referred to him as Il Capitano.

• Visited May 2013