“Best in Duquesa”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Macues

Macues
Ranked #29 of 149 Restaurants in Manilva
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Best in Duquesa”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Duquesa for over 30 years and have never had a bad meal here. Don't be put off by people saying it is expensive, if you are on a budget choose the less expensive items on the menu, they are just as good.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Damion N

“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I love the fillet steak in masala sauce. The service was fantastic and I find myself going back over and over again. Friends say the sea bass cooked in salt awesome. The atmosphere is great and customers can enjoy lovely views over the port.

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent for a special occasion”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

More pricey than most restaurants in the port of Duquesa but well worth it - you always feel spoiled and ask for a table overlooking the harbour - fantastic.

Visited December 2012
Broadway, United Kingdom
“What a Find.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had just purchased an apartment in the area and wanted to find a nice restaurant to celebrate. We thought La Duquesa Port would be a good place to look as there are so many restaurants and the food should be good in order to survive. After walking for what seemed like an eternity and read the many menus on offer, we finally decided on Macues. Perhaps we should have looked at Tripadvisor before setting out it would have saved us a lot of time.

To say we were not disappointed is an understatment. They greeted us warmly and sat us at a table overlooking the marina, what could be better than this. The menus promptly arrived along with the verbal announcement of the daily specials, one of which was Turbot with boiled potatoes and mixed vegetables. Enough said, my wife and I just had to sample that dish. After starting with the Vegetable soup for my wife and mussels for me, we were treated to the best cooked turbot we had ever had, really!! They bring it to the table, show you and then proceed to filllet it while you watch their skilled hands. I have this fish served the same way many times before but the flavour and the accompanying vegetables was so outstanding.

We don't always have a dessert but since the entree was so good we just had to try one. My wife chose the banana split and I went for the Crepes, both were delicious and would order again.

As an aside, it was nice to learn of the specials at the handing out of the menus. So often one is handed the menus and then having made your choice, have them given to you when they come to take your order.

Although the port was busy, it is, I suppose technically still out of season and that could be the reason we had a nice table without a reservation but I think that it will be absolutely necessary in the height of the season, chance just walking in you may be lucky but to be sure, my advice is to call in or telephone beforehand. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank n313dt
Guadiaro, Spain
“Best food in Duquesa”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Since the beginning of Puerto Duquesa this restaurant has been an oasis of good fod and service with a view over the boats.

Visited June 2012