“Make your New Year Special”
Review of Macues

Macues
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Macues is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 164 Restaurants in Manilva
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I must write this review after reading all the other excellent reviews, this family run spanish restaurant go all the way to make your dining experience somthing to remember with a variety of specialities along with the A La Carte Menu, which has the most tender Chateaubriand for 2 and the meat can be cooked to suit different tastes, I like my meat slightly pink and my husband likes it very rare, I get a hot rock to cook mine to my taste, nothing is too much trouble for the team at Macues. I must comment on the New Years Eve experience at Macues, the menu is specially selected with a variety of exquiste tastes, The tables are well arranged whether you are in a larger group or a couple you are made to feel part of the family. Each course is served with clockwork precision without affecting the warm friendly atmosphere. The baked Alaska is the piece de la resistance with the lights being dimmed and the baked alaska set alight. The family then come around with the party bags in readiness for midnight when the owner stands with his gong and chimes in the count down to New Year. You can then party the night away with the entertainment provided, this will be our 10th New Year and we cant wait. If this was in London it would be booked up weeks in advance.

1  Thank HuddersfieldCouple

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Excellent restaurant in Puerto de la Duquesa. Had our best meal there so we went back a couple of nights later, and were not disappointed. The sea bass in salt is excellent and the crepe suzette superb - and an entertainment ! (It might not be on the menu, but you can ask for it). Staff very friendly and helpful. Might be a little more expensive than most restaurants in Puerto de la Duquesa, but well worth it.

1  Thank FowlersUK
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Came here after reading other reviews and were not disappointed. The staff were excellent, very knowledgeable and chatty and the food was sublime. I can recommend the stuffed peppers, the prawns and also their speciality dish of sea bass cooked in a salt crust.
Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank smcDundee
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We started using this restaurant regularly 30 years ago when we lived nearby, it was always good food, good wine, great service and well patronised by the local Spanish community. We visited in August 2012 and found all the qualities of this restaurant unchanged, still the same gracious owners. Their speciality dish, Sea Bass cooked in sea salt, is absolutely delicious. It was a pleasure to re-visit and even better to find it still offering a first class selection of fresh local produce perfectly cooked.

3  Thank David S
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I live in Casares and had my family over (3 children) and Grandad and Nanny and we had been to this restaurant once before in February. They remembered us from their last visit, I am hoping the children weren't that naughty, and welcomed us with open arms. We ate early on as we have a young family so was fairly quiet, but I recommend you book.

The menu is fantastic, I had the Iberian pork the first time and then the prawns the second time, they cater for all the children's needs, however fussy, and nothing is to much to ask. If you don't want something or want to add something then they will oblige. The pasta dishes are great for the children and their mum said the tomato sauce is to die for.

The Staff are fantastic with children and the whole family, and make everyone feel welcome. This is a real gem in the port and you don't get hassled by the "Lookie" Lookie" men like many restaurants in the port. Nanny and Grandad will always recommend the Fillet Steak to.

Its an international food restaurant and is a family run business from what I can tell. The pictures of rory mcilroy and Miguel Angel Jimenez are really interesting, who I believe may have been to the restaurant by looking at the pictures.

Please try this restaurant and it will make your holiday and night, you will go back night after night.

3  Thank CasaresMark