“consistently good”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“consistently good”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Do go here if you are in the area. The food a variety of eastern cuisines is superb.
I have had malaysian, thai and chinese from the menu, all fantastic. The seafood is especially fresh and tasty.

A little expensive compared to neighbouring restaurants but good value for money.

• Visited September 2013
Lorraine T, Owner at Papaya Tree, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Passenger88

Thank you for taking the time to recommend The Papaya Tree on tripadvisor. So glad you enjoy your meals with us here, and your review title makes me feel so proud, as I know my team work extremely hard at trying to maintain the high standards and quality we have become known for.

I am also glad that you still think our menus good value for money, even though we are more expensive than some other businesses in the area. The quality of our fresh ingredients, and the man hours involved in making all our sauces etc in house, does mean that we charge a little more, but I agree with you that it shows in the freshness and flavors of our dishes.

Once again thank you for your great review

My team and I look forward to seeing you again

Warm regards
Lorraine

• Finnish first
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“A must - every time we visit”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have been visiting the Papaya Tree for seven years and in our opinion it has only got better over time. This Thai / Chinese restaurant offers great value, excellent tasting and consistent quality dishes. Lorraine and her team are always very attentive and great to deal with,

This time we tried the duck in black bean, sweet and sour pork which were excellent. My wife gets the garlic and coriander chicken (which is absolutely lovely) - the papaya tree should consider making this one of their signature dishes.

We love the atmosphere in this restaurant and I recommend it always to anyone I know who is heading to this area on holidays.

Thanks Lorraine and the Papaya Tree team and keep up the great standards.

1 Thank Anthony G
Søgne, Vest-Agder, Norway
“Good!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

After visiting the Cellar door (same place, same owner), and found it excellent, we decided to visit the Papye Tree a few days later. Maybe our expectations was to high? We absolutely enjoyed it, good service, good food, nothing was bad! But we did not have the same feeling and satisfaction as we had after visiting the Cellar door. Thats why we give it 4 stars, not 5. We had a good evening!!

Dear Frank

Thank you for your kind review of The Papaya Tree and The Cellar Door. I am so glad to hear that you and your wife had a nice evening in The Papaya, and look forward to seeing you both again.

Until then Tusan Takk

Lorraine x
(ps. I still am hoping to see those Northern Lights ! )
staffordshire
“Fantastic as always”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Papaya tree on a Monday evening, and hadn't booked a table, thinking this time of year would be quieter.....wrong! It was busy as usual. However, Sunny, managed to get us a table, and I have to say, in the three years of visiting, it was the nicest meal we have had. We shared the combo platter for starters, then I had spicy chicken and cashew nut Thai curry.....it had a nice kick to it, but wasn't too hot. My husband had the Singapore chicken noodles, which were delicious. Needless to say, the portions were so large, there wasn't room for dessert!
Can't wait for another meal there in April.

1 Thank mumsy42
Lorraine T, Owner at Papaya Tree, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello there, just wanted to thank you for your fantastic reviews on The Papaya Tree. So glad that you have enjoyed your evenings here with us, and it is great to hear that on your last visit, you thought the food better than ever. Myself, Sunny and the rest of The Papaya Tree team look forward to seeing you again in April.

Lorraine x
Dublin, Ireland
“It has become a tradition”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just back from a mini vacation and coudn't leave without going to the Papaya Tree for a meal.
We were very warmly received, had lovely wine and the most gorgeous food.
It is now a tradition that we go for at least 1 meal here on every trip and every year it just gets better and better!!

Hi Gill

Thank you for taking the time to review The Papaya Tree and The Cellar Door. So glad to hear you are still loving Papaya after all these years, and hope you enjoyed the new dishes on the menu. It was great to see you and your friends again, and my team and I look forward to seeing you all in 2014.

Until then...go raibh maith agat

Lorraine