First the good points, Rooms were clean and tidy, TV in our room wasn't brilliant. All rooms had good views and good size balconies. The swimming pool was a good size and there were plenty of sun beds, most people got up early and got their towels on the new batch of sun beds nevertheless the older sun beds were still comfortable. There wasn't much natural shade but parasols were available. The pool bar was well run and had plenty of choice.
Being all inclusive the quality and choice of the food is highly important. There was always plenty of salad and fruit. Hot food was hit and miss! Sometimes only just warm not hot. One thing is for sure there is plenty to go at, we all have come away a few pounds heavier.
Bad points, sadly the evening entertainment was a total let down, we spent two evenings in the bar / entertainment room. The first night there was a poor attempt at Karoke and music! This only made enjoyable by a hen party in the room. If left to the host - compare it would have been a disaster. The second evening was a large folk, singing and dancing local group which got some members of the audience up and dancing.
The entertainment board details didn't encourage us to go back for a third night hence we ended up taking a short walk to a pub, The Blarney Stone which had entertainment and a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Nevertheless, having paid for all inclusive this did mean paying out for drinks.
Overall, I thought the Hotel had huge potential but with a bit more thought and a different approach it could be a real winner,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Bahia Flamingo offers a very satisfactory, located in an area of the island with beaches, cliffs and many adventure activities .. hotel low cost prices you have to enjoy the large swimming pool, entertainment area, bar and restaurant. Being located in the population of Puerto de Santiago is a great variety of stores. Next to the hotel are the public transport links for exploring the rest of the island comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Bahia Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotetur Bahia Flamingo Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Flamingo Tenerife
- Bahia Flamingo Hotel
- Hotel Bahia Flamingo Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago