This is a cheap/mid range seaside hotel in a good location, but in need of some investment.
We particularly liked the extensive sea view from our large balcony. The large pool looked inviting, but was too cold for most people in early February, even though the weather was very good.
Our room was clean and functional but rather basic. The whole complex shows signs of heavy use and is in need of refurbishment. For instance, the wash basin in our bathroom was cracked and (although the cleaners worked hard and did their best), the floors and paintwork were marked and stained.
Though officially there is no on site parking, this didn't seem to deter anyone from parking outside in a restricted area, and there were spaces elsewhere nearby.
We took half board as the offer seemed good value. More school dinners than haute-cuisine, much of the (repetitive) fare obviously came from catering cans. Nevertheless, there was plenty of fresh bread, cold meat, cereal and fresh local oranges at breakfast and with careful selection, a reasonable meal could usually be constructed. (Not everyone selected carefully however, and if burger and chips is your thing, you'll be very happy). You could eat as much as you liked.
The hotel provides children's entertainment and evening shows, and seems to be used by German and Scandinavian tour companies as well as individuals. All in all, it's reasonable value for money and in a far better sea front location than most of the more expensive places nearby. But don't expect the Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Bahia Flamingo offers a very satisfactory, located in an area of the island with beaches, cliffs and many adventure activities .. hotel low cost prices you have to enjoy the large swimming pool, entertainment area, bar and restaurant. Being located in the population of Puerto de Santiago is a great variety of stores. Next to the hotel are the public transport links for exploring the rest of the island comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Bahia Flamingo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotetur Bahia Flamingo Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Flamingo Tenerife
- Hotel Bahia Flamingo
- Bahia Flamingo Hotel Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago