Just got back from a week in Tenerife where me and my wife stayed in the Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar.
First of all check in from Gatwick,flight etc was first class with Monarch.
Transfer was less enjoyable being 2 hours on a coach.
When we arrived our room wasn't ready and we had to wait an hour(we were the only ones checking in ??)
When we got in we were pleasantly surprised with a very spacious living room,with sofa,tv,fridge etc although no kettle.Satelite TV cost me 21 euros for 7 days and we got all channels,although very few English ones,BBC News,Sky news,eurosport,a couple of film channels and maybe a couple more,but no main channels were available.
Safe in the room cost me 20 euros +10 euro deposit(refundable)for 7 days.
Wi Fi available at a cost,with also 2 pc's in the foyer available with internet access 1 euro for 10 mins.
Bedroom and bathroom was adequate although bath is very small.
Room was clean and tidy and matched the rest of the hotel which appeared to be stuck in the 1990's and parts of it could do with a re-decorate.
Day 1 was exactly the same as every day,breakfast reasonable(full English available although obviously not English produce)Lunch was average,dinner the same.We are both fussy eaters and all I will say is thank goodness for crusty bread and cheese !!!!
Weather was lovely every day,on floor 4 which we were on there is a balcony complete with sunbeds and showers which was nice,it was very hot up there in the mornings(sun comes up 9.30-10am every day and continues to be hot until 5pm.The outside pool area is very,very small,with a main pool and a mini pool.Area has room for maybe 40 sunbeds only,although you could always get one.Drinks/coffee on tap in the pool area,there was food as well but we didn't fancy it.
Coffee machine in the restaurant kept breaking down and there was never any saucers which meant you'd spill most of your coffee before getting to your table.Restaurent again is quite small with capacity for around 150 people but we never had problems getting a table.
Theres a Piano bar within the hotel which had entertainment in the evening(normally 10-11pm)
A quick game of bingo most nites with a bottle of champers as a prize,and a mini disco was always planned but due to lack of kids we never saw one.No air con in this area and it was unbearably hot,with many people taking chairs outside onto the small balcony.
Hotel is just off the main road,with a few shops,restaurants,supermarkets etc about 5-10 mins walk away.This part of the island is very hilly so beware,a short walk can be hard work.Beach opposite the hotel is cliffs/rocks which is great scenary but not for sunbathing.To get to the beach with its black sand you have to walk up and over the hill,about 10 mins walk.
This part of the island is very quiet with not a lot going on.We ventured on 2 bus trips to Los Christianos and Los Americas which have many shops/shopping centres etc.If you catch the 473 bus it costs 4 euros each way and takes 2 hours to get there.If you catch the 477 bus it costs the same and takes less than an hour ???.
Was the 2 hour trip worth the shopping experience?In my opinion no.
Theres Mcdonalds,Subways and Burger Kings in these places but not near the hotel.
To finish on a massive positive the staff at the hotel were superb.I only ever saw about 10 people all holiday,all who ran the restaurants,bars,pool,piano bar,reception etc.I really hope they are well paid as they were all up working at breakfast(7.30am) and still around at 11pm in the bars.
Very few English guests in the hotel,appeared mainly dutch,polish,german.Although we found a few when we found a pub showing the England world cup match.
Transfer back was 2 hours on the coach again,but flight was on time with no issues.
All in all,not a top quality experience but certainly not disasterous,helped by the great staff within the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting views of Tenerife's stunning landscape, the 4-star Blue Sea Hotel Lagos de Cesar is perfectly located a short transfer ride away from Tenerife South Airport and is close to the sands of Playa la Arena. Its peaceful setting is ideal for those in search of a relaxing family-friendly holiday. The 116 modern, spacious rooms include junior suites, which make the perfect accommodation for families in need of extra space. Suites are equipped with an en-suite bathroom, private terrace and a host of amenities, allowing residents to unwind in complete comfort. With its location just a 400m stroll from the beach, guests can enjoy views of the glistening sea, as well as the surrounding mountains. The tranquil setting makes it hard to believe Hotel Lagos de Cesar is situated in the heart of the bustling resort of Puerto de Santiago, where there is plenty of shopping, dining, sports activities and nightlife to be enjoyed. Featuring a large outdoor swimming pool that serves as its social hub, a separate children's pool, sun terrace and rooftop lounge area, the residence also offers a gym and mini club for active visitors seeking a little action. A buffet restaurant and two bars offering entertainment and music mean the needs of every guest are catered for. Hotel Lagos de Cesar even counts a hair salon among its facilities, making the hotel ideal for visitors in need of some serious R&R. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Sea Lagos De Cesar Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Lagos De Cesar Tenerife
- Hotasa Lagos De Cesar Hotel
- Hotel Lagos De Cesar
- Lagos Cesar
- Blue Sea Lagos De Cesar Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago