“Lovely holiday”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Puerto de Santiago
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have just returned from here. I was expecting it to be in a quiet location as I had done my homework.
First impressions of the hotel weren't great from the outside, but when we walked inside that changed. Open spacious reception and the staff were only too willing to help. Our room was brilliant. We had a 2 bed apartment which overlooked the pool or the road. Our 9yr old son loved the place. The entertainment for him was fantastic. Mike the entertainer was fanastic with the kids and got both adults and kids joining in Killer pool and darts in the afternoon, great fun.
Shows in the evening were what you expect on holiday, parrot show and the snake show. The spanish dancers and the brazillian dancers were great. Only drawback was the air-con in the piano bar wasn't working. The all-inclusive drinks were very good, with cocktails included but finished at 11pm sharp.
The rooms were cleaned every day and were very spacious.
There was a good selection of food, however our son is quite picky with meat and so ate plenty of salad instead. Afew more child friendly options wouldn't go amiss. I think out of the 21 meals we had there (3/day) I was only disappointed with one.
Pool area was cleaned daily and it was locked until 10am, this prevented the old 'suntowel @ dawn to reserve them' trick. It was shaded until 11am and then it was sun, sun sun.
There is a beach only 5 mins away and this is very clean too.
Overall a very good holiday and I wouldn't have a problem going there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynx3770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We're actually still at the hotel and leaving tomorrow. This hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and nice and the service is quickly and professional. Very good value for money overall......

However..............

If you are single or part of a group of girls/boys looking to meet other like minded individuals....DO NOT GO HERE. Its in the middle of the really quiet part of island and there is basically NO NIGHTLIFE for fun seeking adults. Instead go to Playas de Americas. Dont make the mistake we did as its MASSIVELY geared up for families with loads of screaming hyperactive kids. Their entertainment starts v early and goes on till about 11pm.. THERE IS NO ENTERTAINMENT FOR ADULTS (except the kiddy parties) AT ALL!
Otherwise very nice hotel and would recommend for families. (I've tried to be as fair and honest as possible here).

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Happybou1
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I would say that I'm pretty hard to please and always wary when booking a holiday but what can I say even I had nothing to complain about at this hotel! From the time we got there I found the staff to be wonderful, very helpful and nothing too much trouble. We had originally booked two rooms as I was travelling with my husband and sons 13 and 16 and a two bedroom had not been available - I had asked for the rooms to be next to each other and they said because that was not possible we could upgrade to a junior suite and my oh my it was fab - really spacious and great views and on the top floor!
I would say the food was pretty good in comparison to other all inclusives we have stayed in - always a good choice, always hot, well labelled, good salads - if I have to be picky I would say the desserts let the hotel down slightly, the little cakes all seemed to taste the same but plently of melon etc.
I would say to anyone going to Tenerife and likes water parks not to miss the AMAZING Siam Park! Absolutely wonderful, we booked with the lovely English guy about 100metres from the hotel who took care of the transport and tickets, well well worth a trip.
The pool area is a little cramped at the hotel but it was never a problem and the sunbed saving was never a problem not once was I unable to get a sunbed - there are 2 beaches really close but the sand is black and it put me off a bit but they looked nice enough.
Entertainment is ok, what you would expect - quiz night, parrot show, snake show etc. the wonderful entertainer Mike worker tirelessly in the day with the activities and both our boys enjoyed this very much.
All in all I would say to anyone that this hotel is a good bet for a great holiday - enjoy!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are much quieter and splash out on a junior suite if possible - so worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne B
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently took my family to this hotel and found the place to be great. There was entertainment every night and bingo. The pool was adequate and there was a real sense of community amongst the families on holiday there. The rooms were a good size and were cleaned every two days, the food was again good there was plenty of choice. The town had plenty of shops and bars to keep everyone amused and there was a beach 200 yards from the hotel. We paid for two tours one to loro park and one to siam park and both were excellent!!!
All in all this holiday was great value for money and I would go again !!
( there was sunshine everyday too !!!! )

Room Tip: rooms opposite the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Recently went here with my wife, good value overall. The hotel is clean and yes the food is basic but enough for price paid. The location is a bit out of the way but a quick walk to the beach and bars offers a nice relaxing getaway. The local bus will take you to more lively places if required.

• Stayed June 2013
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was lovely, I went for a week with my friend for a relaxing break and that's exactly what I got, the hotel is big and clean and in a really nice spot with gorgeous views. The staff are all very friendly and kind, our room was a twin bed room and was a really great size. The air con was a life saver after spending all day in the intense heat of the sun, the bathroom was perfect, they even had little toiletry sachets. For the price we paid the hotel really was fabulous, the pool looks really small in the pictures but is actually pretty big and deep, although the sun loungers do get taken pretty fast, so you wanna get down there pretty early, like between 10-11.

The all inclusive deal was great, food and drinks all the time and all really nice dishes with lots of choice. Cocktails in the evenings too, there really was nothing you could fault the food on. The position of the hotel is lovely, there is a mini beach (black like all of them) just opposite, and to the left of the beach, there is a nice rocky area where you can safely jump into the sea, the sea is beautiful and crystal clear, you have to be careful when the sea is a bit rough though, as there are no lifeguards to watch this area. For a guarded beach, it is a 5 minute walk to a larger man made beach which is quite busy.

There is nightlife if that's your thing, nothing massive, just local bands and a festival sort of feeling, going on till early hours (not heard from our room). Few touristy shops, with CHEAP tobacco and other bits. Local shop just across the way for any little bits you need.

Only NEGATIVES I can come up with, is one waiter became a little too close for comfort and started coming on to me very strongly, so young ladies be aware. It is quite a way from the airport, which can be exhausting after a longish flight. The beds are fine but I found a little small (had a single, and may be too used to my luxury double at home). Not enough sun loungers when it's busy, which I didn't really have an issue with as we were down at the sea so much. Oh, wifi is NOT included, I had to pay 25 euros for the week, which I felt was overpriced.

HIGHLY recommend this place for a cheap relaxing holiday!

Room Tip: You can request a room with a view, it definitely would be worth it! Twin room was lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Emily C
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got back from a 7 night all inclusive stay... Met some great staff and people, it is situated in a quiter end of the island but there's still plenty of things to do. This is a great hotel - very clean, large rooms and fantastic food! Pool area is too small, there isn't much space really, sunbeds squeezed together.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Las Galletas
Hotel Diamante Suites
Hotel Diamante Suites
#24 of 81 in Puerto de la Cruz

Been to Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar? Share your experiences!