We stayed at this hotel for 15 nights all inclusive from 17th November until 2nd December. Booked with lowcost holidays for £1100 including slightly extra for the speedy shuttle (only £46 instead of £23 for the 2 of us) Well worth it because it only took 45 minutes to get there and just over an hour on return.
We arrived after 9:30pm so wasn't expecting to get food as the restaurant shuts at 9:30pm (we took a couple of bags of nuts in the suitcase to nibble on if we were hungry) The hotel receptioinist was extremely helpful and gave us a notice that informed us the restaurant was opening an hour early at 6:00pm and closing at 8:30pm for one night only. There were notices in the lobby and the lifts so everybodywas informed. The bar was also shut an hour earlier because of a function from a local bird fancying club. This didn't bother us in any way because the drinks were still served until 11:00pm anyway as usual. The bar remains open until midnight but as soon as the entertainment finishes everybody goes off to their rooms anyway.
We went down to the pool the next day and overheard a group of people do nothing but moan about everything at the hotel, which leads me to the conclusion that the British public are not happy unless they are moaning over nothing.
This hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms were cleaned every other day and the towels were changed. It was great having a lounge with a sofa and a separate bedroom, makes a change from sitting on the beds watching the news before breakfast! You also have a fridge handy for keeping the water cool.
The food was very good with plenty of variety, the fish was excellent and so was the salad. If you just wanted a snack you could have a ham and cheese sandwich/toastie at the pool bar. There were also burgers and buns, hot dogs and rolls or pizza. Nuts were always on the bar and there were cakes and ice creams, you just helped yourself.
The drinks were brilliant, all the wine, sangria and beer were on tap and you could help yourself all day by the pool and in the restaurant. You don't have to buy water either, we just brought 4 500ml bottles at the start of our stay out of the vending machine and kept topping them up, that way you never had to buy water out when you was at the beach you can just take it with you.
The staff poured the drinks when the piano bar opened at 6:00pm and I have never seen such big measures poured. We asked for whiskey and ice and was poured half a pint! And no its not watered down the barman opened a brand new bottle in front of us. The beer is San Miguel and you get a pint in the bar, during the day they serve drinks in plastic cups, save people dropping glasses by the pool and causing an accident.
The pool area isn't open until 10:00am, again not a problem because the sun doesn't start to come round onto the pool until then anyway and it saves people reserving sun beds from the crack of dawn. The only suggestion I would like to make is that instead of fixed parasols , they could get rid of them and put parasols that you can move or put up and down. There are a lot of beds in the shade because of this and a handfull that has full sun all day. Again not a problem for us, we sunbathed up on the sunterrace on floor 4 which was very quiet. You can also see Mount Teide from the roof terrace (if you look towards the back of the hotel) .
Yes there is a crane at the back of the hotel, but it doesn't cause a problem, there have been new apartments built next door, so the hotel can't help an unused crane being left there.
Our room was 325 which had a pool and sea view so very nice.
There was a problem with the pool on the first week. The staff told us the filter was faulty but the water had been tested and there was no reason you could'nt use it. The pool was closed on one morning only and opened back up in the afternoon. People were swimming in there and nobody was ill, I watched them test the water and clean the pool every morning. It was back to normal by the second week.
The entertainment was really good, Michael the entertainment guy was really good especially on the bingo, very funny. The shows were great especially the dancers, and the parrot show was something you don't see every day! There was an also an eagle show, we had an eagle flying over our heads in the bar!
All the staff were really helpful and friendly, everybody would say Ola! as you passed by.
A very enjoyable holiday, would definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting views of Tenerife's stunning landscape, the 4-star Blue Sea Hotel Lagos de Cesar is perfectly located a short transfer ride away from Tenerife South Airport and is close to the sands of Playa la Arena. Its peaceful setting is ideal for those in search of a relaxing family-friendly holiday. The 116 modern, spacious rooms include junior suites, which make the perfect accommodation for families in need of extra space. Suites are equipped with an en-suite bathroom, private terrace and a host of amenities, allowing residents to unwind in complete comfort. With its location just a 400m stroll from the beach, guests can enjoy views of the glistening sea, as well as the surrounding mountains. The tranquil setting makes it hard to believe Hotel Lagos de Cesar is situated in the heart of the bustling resort of Puerto de Santiago, where there is plenty of shopping, dining, sports activities and nightlife to be enjoyed. Featuring a large outdoor swimming pool that serves as its social hub, a separate children's pool, sun terrace and rooftop lounge area, the residence also offers a gym and mini club for active visitors seeking a little action. A buffet restaurant and two bars offering entertainment and music mean the needs of every guest are catered for. Hotel Lagos de Cesar even counts a hair salon among its facilities, making the hotel ideal for visitors in need of some serious R&R. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Sea Lagos De Cesar Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Lagos De Cesar Tenerife
- Hotasa Lagos De Cesar Hotel
- Hotel Lagos De Cesar
- Lagos Cesar
- Blue Sea Lagos De Cesar Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago