Fantastic holiday with loads to do, great base for exploring the island, lovely scenery roundabout. Quiet location but nearby buses were regular and easy to use so it wasn't difficult to get into busier areas if required. Harbour for whale and dolphin boat trip is within easy walking distance so explore in advance and you'll save yourself a bus/taxi fare. Getting a sunbed was never a problem if you queued at 10am to get into the pool area, otherwise no chance but this seems fairer than when people reserve beds with towels at all hours of the night. Pool area is in shade until midday.
Maid service wasn't great, our room was only visited every other day and on a couple of occasions we weren't provided with clean towels or only got 1 clean towel between us. Very disappointing, never had a maid service like this before. Cups for drinks were tiny, prepare to have trips back and forth every five seconds. Food in buffet rarely labelled so you might end up surprised and eating squid rings instead of onion rings. Food also repeated itself after a few nights - I would have been demented if I'd had to eat it for a fortnight. Pasta with sauces available every night were disgusting. Sauces tasted like water and pasta was chewy and stuck together.
However, the majority of the food was actually really nice and well cooked. Had the nicest fish dish I've ever tasted although because of the lack of labeling I couldn't tell you what kind of fish it was or the sauce it was in. I'm a very fussy eater but found that the best bet was just to be brave and try things because the options I'd normally go for such as chips or the pasta were the only bad things! I think a person that likes most foods and isn't afraid to eat things even when they don't know what they are would really enjoy the food as it was actually of a pretty good standard if you man up and eat it!
The food from the snack bar was lovely (although unhealthy if that kinda stuff floats your boat) and I much preferred to grab something here than from the buffet at lunch... although this means you have to eat the same 2 things every day. Very tasty though and piping hot.
I absolutely loved the location of this hotel, the area feels like a private and rustic slice of heaven. Great views and lovely walks all around.
The entertainment was a bit hit or miss. Mostly miss, although one night in particular was fantastic - people with balls that they clicked off the floor. At first I was like omg what the heck is this kill me now but then it turned out to be a hilarious comedy evening, the clicky balls weren't actually the main event (thank goodness). The mini disco for children was cute and entertaining and kids in general seemed to love the entertainment, so for families the hotel is probably ideal.
The room was huge with a huge balcony which looked onto a park. Not the best view as we were pretty sure that a homeless person lived in the park but it was definitely not the worst - I've had balconies in other hotels which faced onto a wall. Air conditioning was included and seemed efficient. We tended to put it on for a while in the evening as I was blow drying my hair and the room stayed cool all night!
Definitely not for Club 18-30 folk but for a relaxing holiday in the sun the area is perfect and the hotel is fine. To be honest, every hotel/appartment I've been to abroad has been on a par so if you're not used to paying through the roof for top-of-the-range 5 star you won't be disappointed.
Hope this is helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting views of Tenerife's stunning landscape, the 4-star Blue Sea Hotel Lagos de Cesar is perfectly located a short transfer ride away from Tenerife South Airport and is close to the sands of Playa la Arena. Its peaceful setting is ideal for those in search of a relaxing family-friendly holiday. The 116 modern, spacious rooms include junior suites, which make the perfect accommodation for families in need of extra space. Suites are equipped with an en-suite bathroom, private terrace and a host of amenities, allowing residents to unwind in complete comfort. With its location just a 400m stroll from the beach, guests can enjoy views of the glistening sea, as well as the surrounding mountains. The tranquil setting makes it hard to believe Hotel Lagos de Cesar is situated in the heart of the bustling resort of Puerto de Santiago, where there is plenty of shopping, dining, sports activities and nightlife to be enjoyed. Featuring a large outdoor swimming pool that serves as its social hub, a separate children's pool, sun terrace and rooftop lounge area, the residence also offers a gym and mini club for active visitors seeking a little action. A buffet restaurant and two bars offering entertainment and music mean the needs of every guest are catered for. Hotel Lagos de Cesar even counts a hair salon among its facilities, making the hotel ideal for visitors in need of some serious R&R. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lagos de Cesar by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Sea Lagos De Cesar Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Lagos De Cesar Tenerife
- Hotasa Lagos De Cesar Hotel
- Hotel Lagos De Cesar
- Lagos Cesar
- Lagos De Cesar By Blue Sea Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago