$186
  • Beachfront
Casa Regina Tenerife(Puerto de Santiago)(Great Value!)
$48
Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
$63
  • Pool
Las Rosas Apartments(Puerto de Santiago)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Arena Suites(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Bar/Lounge
Club La Mar(Puerto de Santiago)
Priceline
Globales Tamaimo Tropical(Puerto de Santiago)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar(Puerto de Santiago)
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Jardin Marino(Puerto de Santiago)
6,759 results
All reviewspool barhalf boardsuperior roomsea viewla gomeraair confantastic viewslos gigantes cliffsold dogs new tricksplenty of sunbedsanimation teamrelaxing holidayreception staffthomson repplenty of choiceevening entertainmentlunch and dinner
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my boyfriend had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last week for 4 days after being moved from the horrendous barcelo varadero down the road we where upgraded to a room on the 8th floor which was fantastic with a magnificent sea/pool view the hotel staff where so helpful and friendly food was great especially at the pool restaurant. pool area was great never to much noise just so relaxing would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return shame we didn't spend our whole holiday at this hotel as our holiday would have been amazing. Would definitely return in the future

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better the room 8th floor was amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 823Leahliverpool
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel too late for evening meal but a cold meal had been left for us in the dining room well received. The gentleman who booked us in was charming but I don't know his name. He took us to the dining room. When we got back to the room I realised I had left my suitcase key at home he said no worries and had the security guard up at the room within minutes with a hammer and small wire cutters. He was unable to break the lock with these so disappeared for a few minutes and came back with huge bolt cutters and large hacksaw, only took him a couple of minutes with these tools. We had room 909 which was lovely with a view over the Atlantic and the island of La Gomera. At the welcome meeting we asked the rep where the bus stop was he told us outside to the left and up the 100 steps. Take no notice if they tell you this. We did climb the 100 steps but when we came back from our trip out the bus stop was just at the end of the road. Think the reps must take great joy in telling us this. The food in the hotel was much of a muchness nothing to write home about. While we were there there seemed a shortage of sunbeds but one morning the lifeguard went to all beds with towels on that had been left for over an hour put notices on them and after the hour he bundled the towels into bin bags and took them to his station. That evening there was a note put under the door to say there was to be no saving of beds. It worked as there were no towels down in the morning. Be warned your towels will go if left.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lsbWoodville
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Got back from the hotel early hours this morning. We arrived here around 11pm, check in was very swift and was great to know that because the hotel was overbooked, we were upgraded to the superior room on level 6. There wasn't a great deal of food on for the ones who arrived late so ended up going to the supermarket across the road for snacks.
Every morning was the same, you get up for breakfast and all the good sunbeds had already been reserved by towels so we always ended up on the decking (a couple of days before we left new sunbed rules had been made that noone was to reserve their towels for more then half hour with exception of lunch, SOS chap was going around removing people's towels if they had not been on the sunbed)
There was always a great selection of food at breakfast : cooked, pastries, cereals, toast ect. At lunch in the restaurant there was always a wide range of food to choose from: meat, fish, veg, salad, as the same for supper. If you wanted a change the pool bar always served food between 10:30am and 1pm then again from 3pm.
Cannot fault the waiters at all in the bars and restaurant, always so polite and happy to see you they always worked so hard and always made the drinks a double amount which is always a plus side for alcohol!
The entertainment staff were always about the pool in the day with activities to join in with, i think the ladies had a eye for Sebastien as he was always about doing water gym!
The room was very spacious and comfortable, only thing i didn't like because i was sharing with a male friend was that the window between the shower and the room was frosted so you could see a silohouette of whoever was in the shower! other then that it was fine, balcony was big and spacious. We overlooked the pool and the sea with La Gomera in the distance, very nice to wake up to when going for the morning cigarette.
Los Gigantes is worth a walk into, only a 10minute walk from the hotel, plenty of shops, supermarkets, cafe and bars about, also a jewellery shop called Carlos which sells Pandora charms was one of my favourites.
There is a few supermarkets about selling cigarettes in packs of 200 for about 25-30 euros, tobacco 5x50g for around 35 euros, which is always handy to bring back home with you.
During the evening we always sat outside the theatre which was lovely in the evening. Route 66 and The Courtyard supply good entertainment in the evening ( can always here from the other side of the street) We dined in a little restaurant next door to the supermarket which was very tasty ( if you get bored of eating in the hotel restaurant) and is quite cheap! There is also a little cafe called Francy's bar which is worth going to for a burger! There is also a disco bar next to that ( not sure when it opens) if you fancy a boogie.
Entertainment at night was always a variety mini disco then: shows, quizzes and party up at the pool bar...btw all inclusive drinks stop at 11pm and restarts again at 10am in the pool bar, the bar next to reception is open from 5pm-1am.
I would like to come back to this hotel in the future and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: sea view rooms on the south side!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank JadeLouise_91
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Got back from our Holiday at the Barcelo Santiago Hotel yesterday and we had an absolutely fantastic time! me and my boyfriend (18 yrs old) enjoyed every minute of our 7 night stay at the hotel. 24 hr reception team and lovely friendly staff who catered for our every need. We had room 235 - GORGEOUS view from our balcony overlooking the sea and rocks with an area suitable to go scuba diving in! The pool area was great, with 2 good sized pools and lovely pool bar with breath taking views over the sea. There is constantly activities going on around the hotel and a kids club. The evening entertainment could have done with a wider variety of acts i.e. more acts coming from outside the hotel rather than it ALWAYS being left to the animation team who mimed a lot of the time... However we enjoyed the quiz, Hollywood night and 'The White party' was fab!! We were half board and loved the food every morning and evening - there was always something for a everyone! At lunch we ate at the pool bar where they served proper meals, toasties, snacks, fruity cocktails and a whole load of other drinks. A short walk from the hotel is a natural sea pool for those who don't like swimming in the open sea and a bit further on is the town with lots of bars and shops. There is also a salon within the hotel, and a spa and Tapas restaurant connected to the hotel. Opposite the hotel was a few small shops, restaurants and bars although we personally enjoyed the hotel so much we didn't eat at surrounding venues. Overall our stay succeeded expectations and we would definitely recommend to families with any age children, young pairs/groups of adults aged 16+ and anyone else looking for a both relaxing and/or fun holiday!

Room Tip: We booked with Thomson and within the booking it offered a 'Twin sea view room' at no extra cost - Definitely pick this option if available!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cat c
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really enjoyed my week at the Barcelo Santiago. The view across to Los Gigantes is really quite special and the hotel itself is clean and well presented.

Rooms:

I’d booked a superior room at the time of booking the holiday and, I must admit, I was a little disappointed with its location and overall standard. I suppose I had anticipated a room overlooking the cliffs of Los Gigantes - instead we were given one that looked out over the bar and pool area. Granted, we still had somewhat of a sea view to the side of the orange bar building, but it wasn’t what I’d expected. It had a tendency to be quite noisy on some nights since the entertainment was often around the pool area - but it wasn’t the end of the world. The actual room itself was clean enough - though I was daunted by the frosted bathroom wall! Given that I was sharing a room with my mother it wasn’t the sort of bathroom wall I’d have wished for haha. But, all in all, although the room didn’t meet my expectations of ‘superior’ in any way, shape or form, it was still clean and comfortable enough.

Food:

The food was always plentiful and tasty. I especially enjoyed the breakfasts (complete with cava). Most people should be able to find something that they like at all meal times - there’s always a salad bar, pasta station, meat selection, breads, cheeses, soup - and for the really picky, there’s always pizza and chips. Hell, there were even chips available at breakfast (not that I ever saw anybody getting them).

Sunbeds:

For me, the biggest issue during my week stay was acquiring a sunbed! During our first couple of days we couldn’t get one. We’d gone for a walk down to Los Gigantes after breakfast and when we got back at around lunchtime there were none left anywhere - so we had to sit in the bar area instead. On our third day we had to get up at 5am, as we were departing early for an excursion, and it was as we were having a cuppa on our balcony we saw that people were actually up at this time placing towels on the sunbeds - which is nothing short of insane!! We were determined to get a couple of sunbeds for our last two days, and unfortunately this meant that we had to get up at 6:30am in order to secure them. The sunbeds nearest the Los Gigantes view seems to be more popular than the poolside ones (let’s face it, it’s a stunning view and on my last day I had the pleasure of watching a pod of dolphins swimming about just down below as I lay on my sunbed).

Staff:

Bar staff and restaurant staff were always polite and pleasant. We never had to wait long for drinks and we were always greeted with smiles. Reception staff were also pleasant whenever we had enquiries.

Excursions:

We booked the Masca trip and the La Gomera trip in advance, and we thoroughly enjoyed both. The wine tasting experience on the Masca trip was brilliant, and the island of La Gomera is beautiful. We ended up going on a whale and dolphin trip too, which we booked up in Los Gigantes with a company called Katrin (which is run by a lovely English woman and her German husband). It cost 20 Euros each and during the two hour trip we saw pilot whales, dolphins and a couple of turtles. Definitely recommended if you just want a basic trip.

Entertainment:

Hotel entertainment isn't generally my cup of tea, so I feel it would be unfair of me to comment on this aspect. Of an evening I was quite happy to sit in the bar chatting, away from the entertainment.

Overall:

I think anybody going to the Barcelo Santiago will have a lovely time - there’s plenty to do and the resort is lovely. It’s a good place to chill out, read lots and do a spot of people-watching. Would I go again? Probably not, there’s a big world out there and I rarely ever go to the same place more than once. If you’re booked to go to the Barcelo Santiago I’m sure you’ll have a great time - just be prepared to do the ninja-style beach towel run at the crack of dawn to secure yourself a sunbed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MortimerBigMouse