The staff and service were excellent. The apartment was spacious and cleaned everyday by a very pleasant lady. From our balcony we had a beautiful view along the cliffs of Los Gigantes and overlooked one of the quieter pools, the sun did not reach our balcony at this time of the year, but as we were out and about most of the time so this was not a problem.
We stayed all inclusive and found the food offered more than adequate. Although a special mention must be made about the hotel’s fantastic Christmas Gala Dinner. Obviously there was traditional turkey among the wide choice of main courses, there was also suckling pig, swordfish and steaks plus interesting vegetarian options. There were so many chef’s specials and deserts on offer it would be unfair not to give praise for the work it must have taken to produce and serve this excellent buffet.
The location of the hotel makes travelling to see some other areas easy with a good bus service running from the top of the steps across from the hotel.
I would without reservation say this area is the most scenic (( next to Masca ) among the resorts we saw and certainly the most relaxing with many good restaurants on both sides of Santiago.
A lovely stroll along the coastal path to Los Gigantes only takes about 10 minutes. There is a nice marina there and one day we chartered the wonderful sailing yacht – Mojo Picon – an experience and a lunch to die for.
We also hired a boat for 3 hours fishing on another day – what a rip off - not fishing as we know it – the skipper trawled up and down the same stretch of water with the hooks on the surface– hardly surprising we didn’t catch a thing and we weren’t even allowed to touch the rods and that cost 100e per person!!
All in all, we can't fault Puerto Santiago or the hotel, (apart from the price of a safe and wifi) and it has to be noted that the hotel staff were some of the most helpful and friendliest we have come across.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel is made up of 372 comfortable apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known of Playa de la Arena. At the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel there is a variety of accommodation to choose from such as comfortable studio apartments, large one-bedroom apartments or two-bedroom apartments - ideal for family holidays. Within the holiday complex there are spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service for you to relax in or you can take a refreshing dip in one of the 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kids and 1 heated). For an unforgettable holiday in the sun, entertainment is available for both adults and children from 11:00am to 11:00pm when the disco bar comes to life with with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Globales Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Globales Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago