I didn't have very high expectations for the quality of this hotel, however for a 3 star hotel I couldn't have asked for more. We had an issue with our room and we were moved straight away. The all inclusive is typical of Spanish food but is plentiful and fresh. We stayed for Christmas and New Year and were served a gala dinner for both evenings. The food on these evenings was amazing, we were given goody bags and tables decorated. Wine on the tables and the staff always ready to help. The Entertainment was brilliant, games for both adults and children with a presentation of certificates at the evening entertainment. A mini disco is on for the children with lots of silly dances which we all danced to. The couple who organised and ran the entertainment were brilliant they worked long hours every day and were always happy and my children loved them. My competitive husband enjoyed all the adult games, with all of them entertained I managed to be left in peace by the pool to read my book. The children had activities 3/4 times a day so got to see them as well and enjoyed family time. Did two excursions Sian Park on Christmas day and the boat trip to see the whales and dolphins,(make sure you haggle the price of the boat trip, did the 3 hour trip for £25 each adult and £12.50 for one child got the other two for free) We met so many lovely people, enjoyed winning the bingo and the different evening entertainment that took place which included magic shows, bands and good old karaoke! All the staff were so attentive and always seemed happy to help. I would never have thought I would have enjoyed being away at Christmas so much.
My only negative points would be
* The size of the cups from the poolside bar, by the time you got back to your sunbed it was time to go back for another one.
* The poolside could do with re painting as the paint is flacking
* The pool was cold but once kids were in they were fine.
* If self catering the facilities aren't great but you get a fridge in every room.
* No air con, which was fine for when we visited but wouldn't be good in the summer.
* No pool towels available but towels in the room.
* floors not cleaned in bathroom, but beds made everyday except Sundays and clean sheets for the second week. Towels changed if you put dirty ones in the bath.
* Having to get up early to get a sunbed and got annoyed by reserved bed not being used.
All in all a brilliant time with fabulous weather in two weeks we only had one cloudy day temperatures ranging from 23 to 26 degrees.
Thank you Tamaimo Tropical for a lovely Christmas family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel is made up of 372 comfortable apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known of Playa de la Arena. At the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel there is a variety of accommodation to choose from such as comfortable studio apartments, large one-bedroom apartments or two-bedroom apartments - ideal for family holidays. Within the holiday complex there are spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service for you to relax in or you can take a refreshing dip in one of the 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kids and 1 heated). For an unforgettable holiday in the sun, entertainment is available for both adults and children from 11:00am to 11:00pm when the disco bar comes to life with with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Globales Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Globales Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago