“1st time last may 2nd this coming September...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Globales Tamaimo Tropical

Globales Tamaimo Tropical
“1st time last may 2nd this coming September...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here last may & we loved it!!...now me and my partner are in our early 20's this place is quiet area but its so peaceful and great place to relax!...the staff are fantastic at the time 2 girls were doing the activities they were great, the room was great no bugs nothing very clean!...we were lucky & had the side of the hotel that indeed have air conditioning :) the food is okay but we're fussy eaters the breakfast is amazing its bang on just struggled at tea time but we fount niño's who do take awag food was lovely, nice walk to la arena we visited las Americas a few times I advise using the bus takes longer but it's cheaper €7 return trip or you pay €30 each way in a taxi...we're going back again this September we loved it that much, ignore the nasty reviews people are fussy, this place is great :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Toniidanielle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Really enjoyed my 10 day holiday in March 2013 at theTamaimo Tropical. In particular I felt the restaurant was very well run. The manager and staff were very polite and professional and resturant was of a very high standard, clean and tidy. The bar was also very well run and I found the staff to be polite and friendly. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of taking a holiday. I myself would return if I got the opportunity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julia-Jane981
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Can't really fault this hotel! Flew here on a holiday with Thomson and we couldn't have wished for better. The food is great and there is a beautiful little natural pool just down the cliff side. It has great views over the neighboring islands with a great Italian inspired restaurant on the seafront. It's a little quiet around here but it is very tranquil. The only thing that really bothered me was that the room was quite unclean with little black flies crawling over he work surface of the kitchen. But all in all, great hotel with great facilities!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Bradley A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from my 3rd stay and I must say the hotel gets better and better with every visit!
Rooms cleaned every day fresh towels etc! Staff work very hard and nothing is too much bother for them and they always have a smile on their faces.
Location is fantastic a short walk to some good bars and restaurants, supermarket etc also close to the Santiago beech!
My advice is do not believe the bad comments some people just like a moan about things for the sake of it.
I am already planning my next visit in August and although there are other hotels in the area I could not see myself staying anywhere else apart from here. I would certainly recommend to friends and family.Keep up the good work and I will see you in August

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Speirsy28
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was a last minute booking as we had not been able to travel in January this year because of snow.Some family members had already been there so had given us an idea of what it was like.The rooms are certainly basic but provide a clean bed in which to sleep.I will say the room only seemed to get the most basic of cleans each day and we had to ask for some clean towels!There was no air con which could have been a problem if the weather had been hotter. The food made up for it.We were all inclusive and the choice for me was spot on.Fish each lunchtime and evening.Nice salad selection.Nice wine also.The problem after dinner was there is limited space to sit, it was a bit chilly but the only inside venue was the entertainment (small) room. Coffee was served in plastic cups.
The pools were quiet as the water was cold( sorry, one was slightly warmer) but surrounding areas busy.You could get a sunbed though.
The area was good for nice walks, into Los Gigantes or Playa Arena but as it had been windy you could not swim in the sea as the beaches were 'roped off'.
Despite my comments we really liked the feel of the place and would go again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Rooms around the larger pool are quieter at night because the bar shuts and all activities/entertain...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heather s
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I cannot understand why there were bad reviews about this hotel. We returned yesterday from an 8 day stay in this hotel and I wish I was still there.
The rooms were cleaned every day except for Sunday. The breakfasts were lovely - tasty streaky bacon, eggs, sausage etc. The grill by the pool was terrific - my husband loved the kebabs and steaks. We ate there every day so we didn't have to get dressed to go into the dining hall. The evening meals were fine - there was always something to eat, salads, pasta etc, with fruit and cake or cheese and crackers to follow. We enjoyed every meal.
I would recommend spending 5 Euros for half an hour in the hot tub jacuzzi - we had one every day, it was so relaxing, Also the massages - my husband had 2 and felt fabulous after (he has sciatica and swears the massage made his back relaxed) - well worth the 10 Euros for 20 minutes.
The location is fantastic - the cliffs of Los Gigantes are amazing. It is very hilly though with lots of stairs - so not suitable for disabled people or pushchairs, Saying that - the minicabs are cheap (Euros 3.50) to get into Los Gigantes or Playa de Arena, There is a taxi stand just outside the Hotel.
We slept really well - we had a kingsize bed which was comfy. The only noise was of the people returning home from the bar, I cannot comment on the entertainment - the sun just knocked me out every day and I didn't stay awake for it once!
If you are thinking of booking this hotel - go ahead and don't take notice of the bad reviews. There are always those people who like moan about everything, You know the type.
This is a bargain price hotel, and the most relaxing holiday I have had for years, My husband and I intend to return to this hotel in September - and I overheard many people saying the same thing,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PaulineMulkerrins
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just returned from a weeks break at the Tamaimo what a great hotel, this is definitely better than any 3 star I have stayed in before the food was great with plenty of variety even though I am a fussy eater. The hotel was very clean including our room, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only thing to be careful of is that the pool is very deep and slippy and sunbeds where difficult to get unless you got up very early, however this did not spoil our holiday at all.
Great place I would highly recommend it to all travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marie1968131
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de Santiago
Allegro Isora
Allegro Isora
#1 of 1 in Playa de la Arena
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,097 reviews
Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes
Be Live Family Costa los Gigante...
#3 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
#10 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
Dragos Del Sur
Dragos Del Sur
#5 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago

Been to Globales Tamaimo Tropical? Share your experiences!