They say you get what you pay for this is a budget hotel so don't expect 5 star service or facilities
These are basic but clean, our bathroom window was open when we arrived late at night and we didn't notice till later that the floor was covered in black dust we reported this to the reception and it was cleaned up when we got back to the room the next day, The rooms can be very noisy especially at night with people seeming to drag furniture around and slam doors in the early hours so if you are a light sleeper be warned. Our sleep was disturbed on several nights by some yobs in the room above it was very embarrassing that they were English yobs especially when the hotel has such a range of people from other countries.
I subscribed to the hotel premium WIFI for the week expensive but it was quick and seemed to work well in the room, the only free WIFI was in the reception area.
There are 2 pools one is very noisy and lively ideal for those with children, the second is very peaceful and relaxing and was a lovely place to spend a few hours.
We didn't see any of this, one look at the sign that said Bingo told me this was not for us. Route 66 has some great bands on and is just round the corner from the hotel well worth a visit.
The food is canteen style serve yourself there was normally something for everyone and it was as you would expect from this type of Hotel basic but plenty of it.
The staff were friendly but not over helpful all the reception staff were very good
Would I go again? yes but only on bed and breakfast there are so many lovely places to eat locally Casa Pedro was has a lovely balcony and the food is genuine Canarian. Given a larger budget next time I would stay at the Barcelo Santiago which was in a better position and looked amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel is made up of 372 comfortable apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known of Playa de la Arena. At the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel there is a variety of accommodation to choose from such as comfortable studio apartments, large one-bedroom apartments or two-bedroom apartments - ideal for family holidays. Within the holiday complex there are spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service for you to relax in or you can take a refreshing dip in one of the 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kids and 1 heated). For an unforgettable holiday in the sun, entertainment is available for both adults and children from 11:00am to 11:00pm when the disco bar comes to life with with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Globales Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Globales Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago