We booked this hotel at a fair price considering it was October half term and therefore didn't expect the Ritz! First impressions were good, it had a pleasant impressive reception area and the room was spacious (family of 4) and clean. However, on our first day little niggles, that lasted the duration of the holiday, started. Firstly, we went to breakfast and played hunt the table, then hunt the bowls, hunt the spoons, hunt the plates!! The hotel didn't appear to be able to cope with the amount of guests or have any systems in place. Having had breakfast we excitedly headed to reception to get our towels and head for the pool area. We paid our 12euro for each towel headed to lifeguard station to collect. We then toured the pool several times searching for sunbeds...no joy. We were not alone. We set up camp on the restaurant terrace using the chairs! Not exactly the first relaxing day we had planned! We soon discovered that you had to get up early each morning to secure your beds, I'm embarrassed to say (as I have never done this before) that I would get up early to secure our beds. I felt sorry for each new guest who lost a day of their holiday learning the hard way! The poolside bar and restaurant was great, good food and choice, lovely drinks with very generous measures!! We didn't bother with the entertainment day or night so really couldn't comment. The food in the evenings was mixed sometimes a good choice other times you had a strange combination on your plate. On the whole we had lovely relaxing holiday as we adapted to early morning get ups and made a game of hunt the cutlery! Not sure if I would return as we have stayed at better 4 star hotels in Tenerife that can accommodate for the number of guests it has staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Experience Playa La Arena is a complete family resort in Puerto Santiago, Tenerife. The hotel, located by an exotic beach with black volcanic sand, offers all the facilities you need for a perfect holiday at the Costa de Santiago del Teide. At the Be Live Experience Playa La Arena you will be able to enjoy the quietness and the lovely atmosphere of Puerto Santiago: nature, gastronomy, sports, beach and sun all year round. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HRS and Booking.com so you can book your Be Live Experience Playa La Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Playa La Arena Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Spring Hotel Santiago Del Teide
- Be Live Experience Playa La Arena Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago