We stayed as 2 x families, 4 x adults 2 x children (both 10yr old boys) at the Playa La Arena in July 2013,for 11 days. the travel time from the airport is horrendous I would advise getting a taxi if your thinking of booking. however the first look into the reception is stunning! lots of hanging vines and water features as we arrived late the hotel arranged us a cold meat buffet which was appreciated. the staff are professional without engaging I would say, apart from the 2 ladies who seemed to run the pool bar who were very much engaging! always smiling and welcoming. The entertainment team tried its best but their is a language barrier and we seemed they were better around our French counterparts but when we tried a few activities they encouraged us to join in so that's a good point. the weather as always was superb around 35C everyday and the pool area was immaculate the top pool is mainly the kids and the bottom one a little quieter for the adults. The sunbeds was never an issue, yes we used to put the towels down but a sedate 8am is fine by us and we were in them by 10.30 and stayed all day. the room are spacious and clean and we had fresh bedding and towels everyday the air con was just ok. the food,standard buffet fayre the breakfast, fresh cooked to order omelettes, bacon, ham sausage beans or European buffet with cheeses and cold meats and cereals, lunch always had burgers and hot dogs and loads of salad and dinner was themed every night whether it was English ,Spanish, French or Italian and I would have to say it was a pretty good standard, however, as buffets go it is a little samey! and we ventured out a couple of nights and found a really good Tapas bar about 10 minutes walk next to the local Chinese and Indian restaurant's. the resort itself is very quiet not much going on. and the evening entertainment was average at best. the one annoying thing is that at around 12.30am when we were still up and talking they switch all the lights off in the bar/lounge area leaving you to stumble about in the dark trying to follow the emergency lighting towards the lift areas. But overall I would say this hotel deserves its 4 star rating and to be fair, it would only need tweaking across the board to warrant a fifth star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Experience Playa La Arena is a complete family resort in Puerto Santiago, Tenerife. The hotel, located by an exotic beach with black volcanic sand, offers all the facilities you need for a perfect holiday at the Costa de Santiago del Teide. At the Be Live Experience Playa La Arena you will be able to enjoy the quietness and the lovely atmosphere of Puerto Santiago: nature, gastronomy, sports, beach and sun all year round. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Experience Playa La Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Playa La Arena Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Spring Hotel Santiago Del Teide
- Be Live Experience Playa La Arena Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago