This is my third visit to this hotel and probably my last.
The food is shocking it is repetitive and unless you are prepared to eat a carved up giant beast on show every night, you will end up filling up on rubbish.
Salads were ok which is what I normally eat but didn't have the usual little fish to go with it.
My dad had to fill up on chips and nuggets one night and that sums it all up really. We ate out of an evening twice which I love to do but defeats the AI option.
They have theme nights but only change one or two dishes. I have stayed in many hotels throughout the world and this food is very bad. Omelettes at breakfast the best thing.
The wine is undrinkable, normal sangria larger, spirits on offer.
The staffs attitudes have improved slightly, but still make you feel like you are asking for free drinks, restaurant staff were great.
This hotel has a French centred animation team who only approach the French who strangely have red wristbands different to everyone else.
The evening entertainment needs looking at, the hotel needs to spend more money on outside acts because watching the animation team put different colours of clothes on and dancing around for an hour calling it "Around the World" show isn't my idea of an evening show, not their fault though.
The hotel is clean, rooms and corridors need a refurb, it is a big shame really as this hotel is good for all ages and could be excellent.
Water slide is good but should be open longer when it's busy and sunny.
Impressive reception and back entrance, with cascading waterfall.
Maid was lovely and helped with our ant problem, lovely view from room, pay for sea view it is worth it.
This hotel has the facilities to be 5 star but I am afraid it's slipped to a 3 star.
My last and final moan is, inflatables in the pool, different lifeguards have different rules, if the rule is no inflatables do not sell them in the hotel shop then, another lifeguard stopped us using it when the aqua aerobics was on which is fine by me it's manners.
The poolside snack bar was good, food ok, Eva the two Isabels are lovely, they get to know ur drinks and have them ready.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Experience Playa La Arena is a complete family resort in Puerto Santiago, Tenerife. The hotel, located by an exotic beach with black volcanic sand, offers all the facilities you need for a perfect holiday at the Costa de Santiago del Teide. At the Be Live Experience Playa La Arena you will be able to enjoy the quietness and the lovely atmosphere of Puerto Santiago: nature, gastronomy, sports, beach and sun all year round. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Experience Playa La Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Playa La Arena Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Spring Hotel Santiago Del Teide
- Be Live Experience Playa La Arena Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago