We have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel. I travelled with my husband, our 19 year old son & his friend, our daughter & her partner.First impressions when we arrived was wow! The reception was stunning. It was huge with loads of plants hanging from the balconys above with comfy sofas. There were stairs leading down to the next floor,and a bridge over some water. this was where the restaurant and entertainment lounge were situated. Everything was marble.
Rooms - These were spacious with comfortable beds. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower and a bath and a bidet. We asked for a sea view or pool view and got both which was lovely.The hairdryer was rubbish though.
Pool - There are 2 pools separated by a bridge, a snack bar and a self service system for beer and soft drinks. The sunbeds were squashed in and the unbrellas were all mouldy so maybe some new ones next year are on the cards. One pool though was very cold.
Food - Well I have had far better and would rate it at 7/10. Porridge was watery and tasteless, some of the soups were thin and tasteless. Some of the food was luke warm and a little sloppy but anything from the grill including the fish was very nice. There was always enough wine for lunch or dinner. The best themed evening though was the Mexican.But considering what we paid, (£600 pp) it was ok.
Entertainment - There were some good shows especially the acrobats , comedy Michael Jackson and the magician but all typical for a 4* hotel in Tenerife.
Drinks - We drink gin & tonic which was always served perfectly. The red wine was chilled so I drank the white instead. The other members had all sorts of drinks including cocktails and were all served properly
Staff - We found them on the whole very friendly although there were just a couple who were a bit miserable.
beach - This was just accross the road from back of hotel. It was small with black sand but no water sports. There was a lifeguard as well
Resort - Ok for us as it was quiet with a few bars, restaurants, supermarkets and a medical centre but for our son & his friend, they had to go to Las Americas for one night for the party scene.
Weather - We had fantastic weather, up to 30 deg. and sunny so what more could you ask for
All in all a good break.
Would I go back? - Yes, not for a main holiday though but for a weeks Autumn/winter break as this one was for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Experience Playa La Arena is a complete family resort in Puerto Santiago, Tenerife. The hotel, located by an exotic beach with black volcanic sand, offers all the facilities you need for a perfect holiday at the Costa de Santiago del Teide. At the Be Live Experience Playa La Arena you will be able to enjoy the quietness and the lovely atmosphere of Puerto Santiago: nature, gastronomy, sports, beach and sun all year round. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, HRS, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Experience Playa La Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Playa La Arena Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Spring Hotel Santiago Del Teide
- Be Live Experience Playa La Arena Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago