Where do I begin!! Lets start with the good things about this hotel:-
Rooms are a good size and nice if you are lucky enough to have a sea view! (upgrade if you can for 5 euros a night)
maid service very good, rooms cleaned to a high standard.
reception/lobby area impressive.
food very good especially the evening meals.
Hotel generally kept very clean (but toilets did run out of loo roll/soap etc...)
Now the bad:-
Most staff very unfriendly/grumpy/rude! (found the cleaners to be the friendliest! and the reception staff the worst).
Kids club just a joke, colouring table and lego! Normally we cant get our daughter out the kids club but even she said "Is this it!" I would not have been happy to leave her by herself. My 8 year old wanted to do archery but was told you had to be over 12! so there was not alot for him to do!
Playground just a small soft play (socks needed) and only open 10-5pm (closed if raining!)
No inflatables/balls allowed in the pools.
2 very grumpy lifeguards go round patrolling the pools looking for any excuse to blow there whistles and tell you off!!.
Mini disco in a separate room so not enjoyable to sit and watch your kiddies having fun!.
Not enough waiters especially at breakfast time, often had to wait for a table.
Beach just across the road but sea to dangerous for small kiddies to go in and again NO BALL GAMES/FOOTBALL ALLOWED on the beach and a small charge to use the toilets.
Overall we were very disappointed with this hotel and resort. First choice state its a family hotel, it didn't feel like it! We would not go back as there is far better out there for families. We Would strongly recommend the red sea holiday village in Egypt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Experience Playa La Arena is a complete family resort in Puerto Santiago, Tenerife. The hotel, located by an exotic beach with black volcanic sand, offers all the facilities you need for a perfect holiday at the Costa de Santiago del Teide. At the Be Live Experience Playa La Arena you will be able to enjoy the quietness and the lovely atmosphere of Puerto Santiago: nature, gastronomy, sports, beach and sun all year round. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Experience Playa La Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Playa La Arena Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Spring Hotel Santiago Del Teide
- Be Live Experience Playa La Arena Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago