“Not the best holiday village I've been to!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto de Santiago
Holiday Village Tenerife
“Not the best holiday village I've been to!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here in May my partner and my little girl.first impression was good quick check in,then came the farse of trying to find our room.we stayed in block o and after a monster walking around the resort we finally found it.rooms were very nice and had a seperate bedroom area which was good!the food was by far the worst selection we have had at any holiday village.the service wasn't up to much in the resteraunt area,was pretty much a case of get it ur selfs.the place was very nice and clean but we never felt welcomed at all.we did however go in the resteraunt for Italian night which was gorgeous and the staff there were very helpful.i don't think I would recommend this place as the best one.was worth the money but wouldn't go back again!!very disappointed which is a shame as we love the holiday villages for the lovely welcome you usually get!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Trigstace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

For the first time I've noticed that TA ratings jump from average to very good. This hotel, in my opinion was good - no option to select here I'm afraid. First impressions were good; quick check in, showed where to eat late, drinks in piano bar. Room was superb, with a bedroom and separate
Living/sleeping room and large bathroom. Really clean. Second day however I was not impressed when we went for breakfast at 1015 to be told by staff restaurant was closed. Signs said open until 1030 so we were disappointed. To be fair though, after we had selected food, we were told by restaurant manager that we could finish our food but felt uncomfortable so we we didn't go back. They should advertise open til 10, then everyone would know to avoid after this time. The breakfast was, however, lovely, as was most of the food. We Arrived on a holiday weekend so when we tried to get a lounger at 1100 we were sorely disappointed. As is often the case, we subsequently had to resort to the early morning lounger dash to secure a space. The following days however were much better so my tip would be wary of busy times - high season could be difficult but there was still lots of space around pools so hotel could easily put out more loungers and the problem would disappear. Next up lunch. The choices are snack bar at one pool or lunch restaurant at the other. We could not fault the food here, and we have 2 fussy eaters so that's good going. We were always able to find something for lunch, dinner and snacks so happy with that. Waiting for drinks order and tables being cleared while you were at buffet were a small issue but we soon learned to leave sun glasses etc on table to show it was still occupied. There was ongoing entertainment from the second you awake til end of the night. Luabay and first choice team work tirelessly all day and night to ensure you have options but there is no pressure to join in if you don't fancy it. Word of warning though, there is a dreadful sewage smell at the activity pool bar area which put us off lounging there, hopefully they will fix soon but not nice meantime. Quiet pool great though. Kids programme all day fantastic, whole entertainment team to be congratulated on their dedication and stamina! Same for house cleaning team, rooms immaculate. The location for us was fine. We stayed around pool or play area all day so lack of facilities outside not a problem for us. There were enough shops etc for us. Hotel is only half hour from airport so that was great. Overall, it was a good hotel, with super room, good food and entertainment. The niggles of brekkie, loungers, smelly pool area and restaurant politics make this place good for me however kids who love taking part on clubs and activities will love this place. We would definitely return, with proviso of out of peak term holidays and maximum 1 week. With the small areas described fixed this might change, but it will keep checking TA to see what other think.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank HotGossip1975
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here August last year for 7 nights all inclusive.

Food: the food here was the best food I have ever eaten at an all inclusive hotel. So much selection, it never got boring, always had a plate full of food wether it was breakfast lunch or dinner. Being able to book into the al a carte restaurants was fantastic; there is a grill, Italian and Mexican here. We only did the grill and the Italian and it was absolutely delicious, we just wished we could eat in there every night! The snack bar around the pool was just the standard chips, pizza etc, ok if you didn't fancy a big meal in the restaurant. The fact you could pour your own drinks during the day was brilliant.

Pools: there was a quiet pool and a 'fun' pool. We sat around the fun pool on our first day but didn't enjoy it much so decided to sit around the other pool which was lovely and situated right next to the snack bar. The sun beds were lovely as they had mattresses on, no problem getting a sunbed at all.

Rooms: our room was so spacious with a double bedroom, separate lounge with sofa bed and separate bathroom. Our balcony was huge extending around the corner with a sea view. We were chauffeured to our room on a golf buggy type of thing which was cool!

Location: I think the idea of these holiday villages are that they are in secluded areas so that you stay in the hotel. We did take a little walk out but there wasn't much in the area at all.
If you walk out of the main doors of the hotel and turn left - please don't be tempted to walk down the steps to nowhere. We thought the steps might have taken us to the beach, instead wewalked down about 20 flights of stairs just to find that they were unfinished and lead us to a sheer drop off a cliff. Anyway we did have a giggle about it after we climbed back up!

Will definitely take a visit to Siam park next time I visit Tenerife

Overall a beautiful holiday and a beautiful hotel
Would most definitely return and recommend..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Megan H
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

i travelled to the Holiday Village Tenerife with my husband and two daughters aged 9 & 7 and we had a really great time, I was abit worried after reading the reviews but decided we would try it and im so glad we did, the hotel was very clean and tidy, the mini bar (which is free) in your room is a really nice touch, the food was excellent, there was plenty of choice, my two are quite fussy but there was always something on the menu they would eat, they had theme nights every night, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, international etc, but they also cooked a large joint of meat, lamb, beef, pork as well as steaks on the grill and vegetarian dishes, lunch is either at the lunch restaurant where you can get a main meal or they did a BBq everyday at the snack bar which you can eat round the pool or undercover looking out at the sea which we tended to do every day, we never had to get up early to get a sunbed near the quiet pool (you are not allowed lilos in this pool) and its right next to the snack bar so we preferred this pool, however if you wanted something abit livelier the activity pool was great, you can have lilos in this pool and there is music, fashion shows, games and dances round this pool but you will need to get up early to get a spot!! we used to go to the quiet pool in the morning and then wander up about 3ish to the activity pool and you could always find a spot then! entertainment was excellent, the first choice team put on a really good (abit cheesy but lots of fun) show, the kids clubs were excellent, they offered plenty of choice, with a timetable so the kids could pick what they wanted to go to and it was really well run so you didn't have to worry, they also offer a swim academy and football academy which seemed pretty popular. the whole place was pretty relaxed and was a really good family holiday, I would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel before we travelled and asked for a room near the quiet pool as these are the be...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Toots1979
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We arrived back from holiday village tenerife yesterday and have to say that my wife and I had a fabulous time.
The journey out to tenerife went as smoothly as possible with Thomson airlines.
The trip from the airport to the hotel took approximately 40 minutes and was not as bad as previously reviewed.
Check in was easy and we were taken to our apartment by a golf buggy.
The apartment is lovely and clean and well looked after by the maids each day.
We were put in K block which in my opinion is the best located block as you are close to the restaurants, swimming pool and reception.
The staff were always friendly and helpful and never rude to guests that I witnessed anyway.
There was always plenty of food available at breakfast lunch and evening meals. I would always go for the back wall where they were cooking the meat and fish as I'm not keen on salad food and vegetables while I'm on holiday anyway. There were plenty of desserts to choose from also.
The first choice staff were really helpful also especially Matthew.
The evening entertainment was brilliant and if you get the chance to see the Michael Jackson tribute act then I highly recommend him as this was the highlight of the entertainment.
There is a decent amount of drinks to choose from but I stuck to soft drinks and slushies during the day and cocktails in the evening. Get to the entertainment room before 8.30pm or you may not get a seat as the room fills up quickly.
There is a snack bar near the quiet pool but I only ate in the restaurant.
The pool depth was 1.40metres at its deepest and 0.5metres in the child's pool.
The weather there was superb and we had sunshine everyday with one day that was cloudy but still hot.
The hottest day was Monday June 2nd and I recorded a temperature of 49.5°c
There is a bowling alley on site and this costs 3 euros per person per game and the pool table costs 2 euros per game. There were other games in the game room but I only tried the bowling and pool.
The one bad point is the location of the beach as the hotel is about 0.5 mile away down a hill and the journey back is very tough as it took me and my wife about 30 minutes to come back. There are a number of shops down near the beach but the beach is made out of black sand. We did this trip only the once.
On the whole I would highly recommend holiday village tenerife as a holiday destination if you like a relaxing holiday around the pool.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Babybrowns1966
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Travelled from 23rd May for ten days over half term. The Hotel "Costa los Gigantes is huge. Went with First Choice and had a FANTASTIC holiday, two Adults and a 1 and 4 year old. Loads of pools, noisy ones and quite ones depending on your mood. Entertainment was good, two shows every night so you just had to pick your preference for the evenings. Breakfast, lunch and tea were good, plenty of tables, drinks supplied but the staff (which dont stop) . A la carte was bookable in themed restaurants if you fancied a change to buffet. Stayed in block g overlooking the sea towards La Gomera, lovely view. Appartment was very good, cleaned daily, fridge topped up with beer, water and pepsi. Very child friendly and everywhere seemed safe to let the children play. Beach (Playa de la Arena) 10min walk down a very steep hill 3 euro for parasol, public busses available for a trip to Los Cristanios. Taxi ride to Los Gigantes cost 3 euro and you cant beat that !

Overall, very impressed with Hotel, Staff and Area, highly recommend if you have kids as plenty to do like football academy, swim school or kids club.

Loro Parque is worth visiting to see the Killer whale show, very impressive.

Room Tip: Sea view is essential as its nice to take a nightcap back to the room and relax looking at the fishi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Andyc95
england
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel towards the end of May half term and had a lovely time. We were a party of 13, with kids aged between 1-5. Overall we found the hotel to be clean and well kept. The grounds are impressive and the staff work hard.

Food seems to be hit and miss at this hotel; generally it was okay but quite often only slightly warm and lacked real flavour. We're not particularly fussy eaters but none of us would have said the food was excellent. Having said that, I think buffet food will always be hard to please for everyone as it's producing food on a mass scale. We didn't eat in the speciality restaurants so can't comment on those - I guess this means the food can't have been that bad! Flies and birds were a nuisance at lunch and just in general around the sunloungers. Not the hotels fault but nonetheless pretty annoying. Never really experienced it before.

Pools were lovely and warm enough to spend lots of time in. There are two main pools and each one has a small circular child's pool next to it. We preferred the quiet pool as there were sunloungers positioned so you could watch our kids going from the quiet pool to the child's pool next to it. It was harder to do this around the livelier pool.

Entertainment was fine. Staff work hard and plenty to keep children and adults amused.

Rooms. We stayed in D block but didn't really like it's location. It was near the outside entertainment and didn't finish til 11pm. You then had lots of noise as people wandered back to their rooms and quite often noisy people playing the large chess set just outside our room. None of this was a major problem but we had a small child and the noise definitely stopped him sleeping on some nights. My biggest issue with the room was that the door couldn't be locked from the inside without a toddler being able to get out. Basically the lock turns but you only need to pull the handle down to get out. Our two year old could do this and I was terrified he would get out of bed (doesn't sleep in cot) and let himself out. I slept very lightly because of this and couldn't put him to bed then sit on balcony as I couldn't see the front door. We called reception and they sent someone down but the maintenance guy told us this was the case with all the rooms. I found this ridiculous and shocking that no one seems to have mentioned this on here. My little boy would have been missing within minutes had he got out whilst I was in the bathroom or something. I asked reception for a door wedge or something but nothing ever arrived. Rooms were spacious with plenty of room and lots of storage space. We had a balcony/terrace in each bedroom which was nice.

We went to Siam Park which was a great waterpark. All booked through reception. Don't go with travel agent; they charge more and transfer journey is longer! Hotel run a bus for €4 return! It leaves at 10:00am and is direct route to park. Takes 35 mins.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank sam m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de Santiago
Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes
Be Live Family Costa los Gigante...
#2 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
Barcelo Santiago
#1 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
4.0 of 5 bubbles 5,263 reviews
Be Live Experience Playa La Arena
Be Live Experience Playa La Aren...
#3 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,297 reviews

Been to Holiday Village Tenerife? Share your experiences!