We were 2 over 60's couples and not sure about the holiday after some bad reviews so were quite pleased. We booked with booking.com not RCI and had a spacious apartment on the first floor although bedroom 2 was a bit sparse. The balcony was big, but we only had sun from 14.30 to 16.30 whereas the balconies further away from the main road had sun a lot longer.
The pool area was good and usually quiet and the bar open in the afternoon.
Although our linen/towels were not changed, it is a self contained apartment with a washer so a tip would be to bring washing tablets and do your own. There is an excellent supermarket by the back gate, reasonable prices and many offeratas. We knew it was hilly down to both Los Gigantes & Santiago and a pull back up the hill after your meal. The nicest restaurant was the Austrian one next to the large hotel towards Santiago, however a little gem is the restaurant a few yards up the hill at the back of the complex.
All the buses stop outside the hotel so there is no need to walk down the hill to the terminus and there are frequent buses to Los Christianos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Marques Palace is located in Puerto de Santiago, on the South West coast of Tenerife, near the impressive Los Gigantes cliffs. This part of the coast enjoys the longest hours of sunshine on the Island, lovely climate and beautiful sunsets, made even more attractive by having the nearby island of La Gomera in the background. El Marques Palace offers charming bright classic-style apartments, some of them with stunning views of the spectacular Cliffs, of the sunsets and of the Atlantic from their private terraces. Air-conditioned apartments include a lounge with a flat screen TV, private bathroom and fully equipped kitchen with microwave, fridge, washing machine and a good variety of household appliances. A cleaning service is also provided every 2 days. The complex features a heated outdoor swimming pool, sunbathing area, a poolside snack bar and table tennis. Free WiFi is available in Reception Hall. There is a selection of hypermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants in the surrounding area. La Arena, a naturally protected beach, is just 15 minutes’ walk from the property. In the area guests will find a a modern Yacht Marina, the Poblado Marinero - a complex built in Canary Island style architecture - and a cove with fine volcanic sand , Playa Chica. From El Marques Palace you can easily get to both the north and the south coastline of Tenerife, and also the impressive Teide National Park. Water sports are available on the nearby beaches and Abama Golf Course is 11 km away. The complex is 25 km away from Playa Las Americas and a 45-minute drive from Tenerife South Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your El Marques Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Marques Palace Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- El Marques Palace By Intercorp Hotel Group Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago