Booked this in all good faith after reading a glowing professional website. The apartment 313 is spacious. But extremely tired. If you do not wear slippers whilst in the apartment you will have to wash your feet several times a day! The cleaning is done as best as the young girls are able with the equipment and time at their disposal. The pool advertised as one of the only heated pools around was so cold it took your breath away,and the baby pool was even colder. The snack bar was closed almost all of the time. We arrived at 8.30pm and the place was in darkness. Fortunately the odd job man saw us and unlocked the reception and took us to our room.
New to the area it would have been useful if reception staff had been present to tell us about the Supermarket behind the complex so that we could have bought something for supper!
This particular apartment is not that well equipped for the price that we payed.
We like the area and will be returning next year, but will be staying at La Rosa down the road which we believe to be more professionally managed and the facilities provide better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Marques Palace is located in Puerto de Santiago, on the South West coast of Tenerife, near the impressive Los Gigantes cliffs. This part of the coast enjoys the longest hours of sunshine on the Island, lovely climate and beautiful sunsets, made even more attractive by having the nearby island of La Gomera in the background. El Marques Palace offers charming bright classic-style apartments, some of them with stunning views of the spectacular Cliffs, of the sunsets and of the Atlantic from their private terraces. Air-conditioned apartments include a lounge with a flat screen TV, private bathroom and fully equipped kitchen with microwave, fridge, washing machine and a good variety of household appliances. A cleaning service is also provided every 2 days. The complex features a heated outdoor swimming pool, sunbathing area, a poolside snack bar and table tennis. Free WiFi is available in Reception Hall. There is a selection of hypermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants in the surrounding area. La Arena, a naturally protected beach, is just 15 minutes’ walk from the property. In the area guests will find a a modern Yacht Marina, the Poblado Marinero - a complex built in Canary Island style architecture - and a cove with fine volcanic sand , Playa Chica. From El Marques Palace you can easily get to both the north and the south coastline of Tenerife, and also the impressive Teide National Park. Water sports are available on the nearby beaches and Abama Golf Course is 11 km away. The complex is 25 km away from Playa Las Americas and a 45-minute drive from Tenerife South Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Marques Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Marques Palace Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- El Marques Palace By Intercorp Hotel Group Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago