We stayed at the hotel between the 5th and 12th of January 2011.
On arrival we were met by 2 girls at the reception who seemed quite nice but one spoke better english than the other, which is relevant later in the review.
They gave us our keys/cards and checked us in and after drawing a route guide on our hotel map left us too it.
We had arrived late 9.30pm and were hungry and needed to get our suitcases and bags into our rooms before the dining hall closed, but did not realise the size of the complex and were soon lost.
We were getting frustrated and annoyed but when we spoke to a member of staff he went and got another female member of staff and she showed us to our rooms.
The hotel is massive and immaculate, we had some food and my wife went to bed as she unfortunatly was coming down with the flu.
I returned to the reception and asked Carolina, about the spa as i was interested in getting my wife pampered the next day like a steam room and massage to try and make her feel better. Carolina didn't seem to understand me very well, and her english wasn't all that great as i was trying to explain my wifes condition.
I had the tamerity to ask if i would be better off speaking to the other girl as she spoke better english. I recieved a barrage of spanish rant which i knew wasn't very nice which ended in the spanish words meaning im the son of a Who*e
Followed in english with, I speak very good english sir and understand every word you say, said in a very sarcastic manner.
I was furious and had to control myself from retaliating in my own broad Scottish accent, which she wouldn't have understood but would have got the message. (i now wish i had).
But as we had just arrived, i didn't, but if it had been on the last day she would have got an earful back. Trust me.
I would have loved to have understood her spanish better but i was told she called me a son of a who*e.
A bit extreme for daring to say her english wasn't as good as her friends. I could have complained but i wasn't going to let a very silly and immature member of staff ruin my holiday.
So Carolina, grow up, and learn to speak better english and i hope your boss reads this and gives you a rant.
Apart from that everything was great, the food we always found something nice.
Poolside help yourself, cold beer on tap, also the same with slushes wines even sangria. we couldnt fault this hotel, huge bed rooms and sitting rooms, 32"tvs in both.
Bathrooms with shower, bath, b-day. It was spottless.
Balcony with a sea view, You can go down to the smaller pool at the other end of the hotel which is more quiet, no music, for a late breakfast. And even get the cooks to toast your ham and cheese sandwich.
We went down the hill to the beach only the 2 times as my wife wasn't very well. There is a nice irish pub where you can watch all the football etc. We wanted a layed back quiet holiday where we could relax, and because of the time of year it was perfect.
So apart from Carolina, and having been to hotels all over the world this all inclusive hotel is the best ive ever been in. And that was agreed by the other couple who go on hols with us everywhere. If you have children it is perfect, being a new hotel, it is only a few years old.
So apart from the very sad, bad Carolina, everything was perfect apart from my poor wife's flu.
It's was tremendous value at £500 per head, we would def go back and will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago