“exellent hotel no complaints”

Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes
Reviewed November 9, 2010

All Inclusive Package Holiday with 5 adults + 16yrs teenager & 6yrs+ 12 mths, From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff were very attentive from reception down to the room cleaners, Golt buggys take you to your modern very clean room with baggage, Hotel very extensive very clean and modern, lots of facilities excellent entertainment team who are very enthusiastic and fabulous with children. You can either Chillax by the quiet pool or enjoy a more active stay at the larger pool, Snack bar provides sustanance with fast food (at the quiet pool 10-6pm), If you dont want to leave your sunbed or you can go into the restaurant with more varied menu.
All restaurants served an extensive varied menu in the evening to suit all palates (spoilt for choice never boring)You can make a reservation for the A la carte restaurant for any of the 3 themed menus ( Italian,Fish, Steak) but make your reservationt sooner rather than later as it fills up very quickly. ( Its in your All Inclusive package so no extra charge)
Every bar well staffed and beers wine and soft drinks self service so no queuing, Sunbeds were being reserved as usual ( English not Germans). The Resort outside the complex is quiet but this hotel has so much to offer for Adults and children alike "I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,416)

Reviewed November 3, 2010

Stayed at this hotel over half term with my partner and two sons aged 23 and 15. Asked for a sea view and high floor and that was exactly what we got. Was in block A overlooking the quiet pool. The view was gorgeous. Suites very spacious. Boys slept on the pull out bed which wasn't that comfy but they managed ok. Good air conditioning. Asked at reception for extra pillows and when we got back later that day they had put them in the room. Found staff to be very friendly and helpful. Had few ants one day and they came and sprayed the room and had no problem after that. My eldest son and I used the free spa pass and thoroughly enjoyed it. He also used the gym a few times which was free. Food in restaurant luke warm but as stated before they have microwaves. Enjoyed the food. Always plenty of choice. Desserts were especially yummy. It was my 50th birthday while we were there. I didnt know but my son had told the lady on reception and when we went back to the room that day there was a bottle of champagne in there for me which was really nice. Didnt see much of the entertainment as we preferred to sit outside at night with our drinks. Good choice of all inclusive drinks. The calypso coffees were lovely too. Great that you could help yourself to beer, wine, sangria and soft drinks as it saved queuing. Only downside we found was the lack of air conditioning in the public areas. Went into the games room one night to play pool with my son and it was so hot. Also not much to do in the area, although we did also go into Los Gigantes and Puerto Santiago which cost 3 euros in a taxi. On the whole though we all had a fabulous week.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

We had a brilliant family holiday! After reading the reviews on this hotel i can tell you that i was a little reluctant to book this holiday - the reviews were so negative - but the brochure and the website sounded so good that we thought we would take the chance and decide ourselves.
I am so glad we booked our first holiday for 5 years at the Costa Los Gigantes, it was lovelly the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We stayed in block '0' on the 3rd floor the room was huge and we had a view of the sea and the childrens play area, which also had a soft play area. Our room led out to some stairs which took us directly up to the pool which was just perfect for 2 small children.
I have travelled quite a lot in my time around the world to various 4/5* resorts and i can honestly say that this hotel compares to them all, it was very clean the food was good and had a great choice. The buffet had salads, hot foods, local foods, kids menu, tapas selction, you name it they had it. The pools were wonderful and not overly busy (probably due to the time of year) and lots of entertainment to keep everyone amused.
Evening entertainment was good, the kids mini disco got a bit boring as it was the same old thing every evening but all the kids seem to enjoy themselves. The adult entertainment was good with something differnet every night from Snake Charmers, falconery displays to magicians and tribute band/groups. The all inclusive option ran until midnight on unbranded drinks you could even have champagne for breakfast.
The a la carte restaurants were also very good and we managed to eat in all in 3 which we booked on the first day of the holiday. And the spa was lovely we had 2 free days use and it was great.
All in all we had a great stay and i would definitely consider going again, I can understand some of the negative reviews but i think you would find the same complaints in most hotels - it really is down to individual tastes.
My only negative comment is with regards to the resort itself, quite tired in places but the views made up for this

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed here in the first 2 weeks of October 2010 - went with an open mind after reading mixed reviews, Check-in was effiecient, we were given a lot of useful info. The bell boy took the luggage to our room whilst we went for a drink.

The rooms were spotless, 2 large bedrooms with a TV in each, Large immaculate bathroom, furnished bathroom, mini bar stocked daily, Reception will happily arrange for any other drinks to be supplied in the mini-bar if you have a preference,

One area of the pools was lively, with games, music playing etc, One was geared towards children, with the waterslide, and the other was quieter, with no inflatables allowed.

Drinks were of a good standard, Slush puppies available for the kids, Branded soft drinks, Local beer and wine also on tap and was self service, A wide range of coffees were available. Very generous measures of spirits etc,

Staff were very friendly and polite, everyone from the gardeners and cleaning staff, right up to the hotel management greeted everone with a smile and hello. Tables in the restaurant were cleared quickly,and drinks were waiter service.

The Kids Club was very well run, the staff here had endless patience, greeted all the kids with a smile, and from their first session onwards greeted them all by name when they saw them around the complex, Inside the kids club were many facilities, Nintendo wii's, A huge cinema, plenty of organised activites, a good ratio of staff to kids, The soft play area is well maintained, and the mini disco was fab for the little ones.

Food - of a good standard, always something different, The usual cooked english breakfast, fruits, cereals, breads and continental meats & cheeses, freshly squeezed juices, freshly cooked omlettes daily too.

Lunch & dinner were buffet style with plenty of choice, Salads, potatoes, Meats pastas etc, a vast array of puddings too, You can easily have something different every day, the people who moan about repetitve food are the ones who have plates piled high with everything every night.

Local Area - the hotel is situated in Playa Arena - not Los Gigantes as some brochures advertise, Playa Arena has got a few tourist style shops, A black sand beach, and a few bars and restaurants, You can easily walk around the coastal path to Puerto Santiago, and Los Gigantes itself where you'll find more shops, a harbour area with boat trips, bars and restaurants.

From the main road in Playa La Arena you can catch the bus to Costa Adeje, Las Americas, and Los Cristianos, if you want to do some shopping, or visit another town for the day, Beware though the 477 bus gets you there in around 40 minutes, but the 437 takes closer to 2 hours... The 477 comes every hour at quarter past the hour.

The Thomas Cook rep Adam, was a credit to Thomas Cook, Went out of his way to help with any queries, Booked trips efficiently, and was available at the hotel for around 2 hours each morning, and 2 hours each evening, Although we travelled with Thomas Cook, the First Choice rep (Also called Adam) was very friendly too, always asking how we were etc.

All in all a fab family break, Good food, nice surroundings, lovely staff -

3  Thank HappyHolidays70
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Just returned from our holiday to tenerife, Cost los Gigantes. WOW!! from start to finish. Check in very quick and efficient wasn't far from the main complex which was great we requested pool view/sea view and thats what we got. Rooms spotless/clean and spacious with powerful air conditioning. the best hotel accomodation we have ever stopped in abroad.. We have a 6 Year old and he was very happy he loved the pool and water slide. Brought a large inflatable which my son loved to play with in the pool and was inflated in the shop when brought. After reading some negative comments from others about the food i was apprehensive but they couldn't be more wrong, We was amazed by the quality and freshness of the food and variety every day ther was different hot food. served at dinner and lunch times or you could opt for the poolside snack bar. We would definately like to return hopefully the standard of the hotel don't slip when it becomes a first choice holiday Village this would be a real shame the staff work so hard to make this hotel special. The childrens reps are great always smiling and happy to entertain the children.,my son loved the waka waka dance! The kids club great but they don't work to our ratio system, we used it once when we had our free visit to the spa. We are amazed that there are quite a few negative comments about this hotel, we couldn't fault it at all & i'm quite paticular and expect a certain standard wherever i go.stayed in same rating before but we will be hard pushed to beat this one in future trips abroad i'm sure..OVERALL COSTA LOS GIGANTES EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY!

Reviewed October 23, 2010

I read a lot of the reviews before booking this hotel and they were overwhelmingly positive. I can only back that up. The rooms were very comfortable with the advantage of the extra space. Sometimes small things make a difference and I found the additional wardrobe space a great boon. There was no shortage of hangers. I get fed up with having to put 10 tops on one hanger but that wasn't a problem here. We followed the advice in another review and re-tuned the TVs so we had extra english language stations. I know you don't go on holiday to watch the TV but it is nice to have the option. My husband likes to go to the gym on holiday but sometimes the facilities abroad are not so good. The gym here had a wide range of equipment and he was impressed with it. Slight snag was the temperature, It wasn't really air-conditioned as a gym in the UK would be but the windows were open so it wasn't too bad. I suppose it helps to work off the enrmous breakfasts. Free spa was a lot of fun too. On the subject of food, it was good to have the a la carte options for variety, I felt the buffet was more limited than other similarly priced all-inc places I have stayed in, especially when it came to the salad selections. But there was still enough to choose from if only staying a week. The food at the pool bar though was disappointing, I know pool bars are not usually as good as the main buffet but sometimes it is nice just to sit and eat at the pool. We didn't do it at all this holiday because the food was all of the chicken nuggets or burger variety. On the plus side it was really good to have wine in bottles at the buffet, I thought the standard of the drinks was much higher than other all-inc places I have stayed in. The beer wasn't watery and the spirits tasted like the real thing. We went out to eat one night and we enjoyed the entertainment at one of the local bars. The hotel entertainment was mixed but the Queen tribute was good. If you want to go out for entertainment it is only 3 euros in a taxi. We walked down to the town one day but it was a long walk in the 28 degrees heat. There isn't a lot there really but the cliffs are dramatic and you can book trips to see more of the countryside or go on a boat. We didn't bother because we have done it before. Beautiful sea views from the hotel also.
I reckon it was about 70% Spanish guests when we were there, not many Germans at all, the rest mostly Brits, no shortage of sunbeds, in fact I have never seen so many empty sunbeds but we were deliberately the week before the school hols so it was a bit quieter. Anyway if you go I am sure you will enjoy it and probably best to go soon before Thomsons or whoever get their hands on it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My daughter and I arrived at Luabay Costa Los Gigantes with some trepidation after reading some of the very negative reviews here.
We were very pleasantly surprised. Check-in was efficient and went very smoothly, thankfully we were given a map of the site.

We were taken by golf buggy to our allocated room - this turned out to be excellent. We had a lounge and bahtroom downstairs with a rather large plasma TV and the bedroom and full bathroom upstairs, plus another plasma TV. This gave us two balconies - an added bonus. The rooms were cleaned daily and the mini-bar re-stocked daily. The maids were always polite and cheerful and they did a wonderful job. Around the site was always clean - apart from people dropping cigarette ends, which were cleaned as soon as they were noticed by staff.

The food we found to be of excellent quality and quantity. We never had a problem with cold or luke warm food. Our food was always fresh and hot when it was meant to be hot. There was a huge variety available every day at both breakfast and dinner. The snack-bar by the quiet pool provided adequate food to meet most palates, including fruit. The staff in the restaurant and snack bar were polite, efficient and helpful. I tried my hand with my very limited Spanish and this made a difference I believe ... politeness and a greeting of "Ola" goes a long way with people. I should imagine during peak times the staff are pushed to their limits - so I find it always helps to be polite.

The pool areas were kept clean and tidy. I always saw a life guard on duty, and those life guards did their jobs. We never experienced any problems getting a sun lounger - but we did not spend a huge amount of time around the pools. I have to say that the water is cold - but you get used to it fairly quickly once in.

We had a few strolls into Playa del Arena - just down the hill ..... nice little black sand beach, a great bag shop ..... it is a nice quiet place. We did take a stroll to Los Gigantes along the coast path - it is quite a trek to be honest - but a pleasant one. The scenery is gorgeous.

We took two trips - one on the submarine - amazing experience. The other was to Loro Parque which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Overall our experience here was fantastic. We did not experience any problems with the hotel, our room, the food or the staff.

However ....... Thomas Cook rep was another matter. Started out very positive, but fell flat basically after the welcome meeting. This is the second Thomas Cook AI package we have booked and it will be the last. I feel that Thomas Cook need to take a serious look at their in-resort reps as they can really spoil a holiday. Thankfully our holiday was not interfered with by the lack of the reps appearance at the hotel nor lack of efficiency when asked to do something. This rep forgot to book our packed lunch, thankfully the kitchen staff made our packed lunch up without any problem - it is a good job I actually asked the staff about this. There were grumbles from other guests also - so this seems to be a common problem with Thomas Cook.

• Stayed: October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de Santiago
Allegro Isora
Allegro Isora
#1 of 1 in Playa de la Arena
2 mi away
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa
El Marques Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group
El Marques Palace by Intercorp H...
#6 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
Royal Sun Resort
Royal Sun Resort
#1 of 3 in Los Gigantes
Barcelo Santiago
Barcelo Santiago
#1 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
Be Live Experience Playa La Arena
Be Live Experience Playa La Aren...
#2 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago

Been to Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes? Share your experiences!