We stayed at this hotel from 16th-27th March 2014. My husband and I took my sister with us, our age range is early to late 50's. We arrived about 8.30 pm and were told to leave our luggage and go to the restaurant. We had a nice meal then we were taken to our room, 216. This room had a double sofa bed downstairs which my sister used then up a curved marble staircase was our double bedroom. No doors between them, so no privacy. Also, if you sleep on the balcony side of the bed, be warned. If you walk around the bottom of the bed in the night to use the toilet you have a good chance of falling down 16 marble stairs. Not a good idea. I showered the following evening only to find I stepped out into an inch of water all over the bathroom floor, merrily making it's way towards the bed. The phone didn't work so my husband walked up to reception ( no mean feat when you have COPD). A man came to ha a look at it and we were told we had to move rooms. Great. We'd just unpacked and now we had to pack again to move to room F110 which was 3 rooms along. We'd sat in the sun all day, I had the trots, my sister had a banging headache and my husband was wheezing like an old engine. Next day, 18th March, I turned 55. We were pleasantly surprised on going back to our room to find a card, 2 glasses and a bottle of champagne. Well done Los Gigantes!! Down to the hotel itself....there were 2 pools, side by side, one heated and the other that would freeze the b***s off a brass monkey. Guess which one we used first?? The other one was packed and was like a turkish bath compared to the first one, which was empty (I wonder why??) There was a kiddies pool with a slide at one end of the hotel and a quiet pool at the other end which had a snack bar. Food there was ok, chicken nuggets, chips, burgers etc. and a barbecue. The breakfasts were great, there was absolutely nothing you couldn't get. Lunch at the pool restaurant was varied and lovely. But, oh dear, the evening meal!! It seemed. Like they'd tried to cater for every nationality on the planet. It ended up as a luke warm mish-mash of everything, and you couldn't make a decent meal out of any of it. Like salad?? You'll love it, but if you don't, and you try to make a dinner out of what's left, beware of the gravy! It tastes like wallpaper paste mixed with sugar and a few strange lumps of veg swimming around in it. Let's go to room service. We had a shower in our bath and believe me, I could have given Torville and Dean a run for their money!! It was slippy as hell. One day we had 2 towels, next day we had none at all, then yippee! we got 4 at once. My sister, who had a little walk in shower was even more unlucky. They seemed to think that 2 tea cloth size towels were enough for her. But then again, she got 3 toilet rolls and we got one every 3 days. The day before we left, it was so hot that we pushed a sunbed up against a wall in the shade, only to be asked to move because that's where they hang the dart board. We took a Thomson trip to Loro park and booked it with a rep who. was practically walking away as she took the money. Very disinterested. Not good Thomson. Did we enjoy it? Yes. Would we go back again? Probably not. All in all, staff friendly, food average, entertainment (groups taking off Michael Jackson, The Beatles, and a parrot show) good. Definitely not a 4 Star Plus, but fun all the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago