First I must state that this is advertised as a Family Hotel and that is exactly what it is!! If you want a good family holiday I would imagine this hotel would be ideal as it seems to have it all. Plenty of pools, good childrens and adult entertainment and a very secure area where outsiders cant get in and more importantly the children cant get out! However my wife and I booked it at short notice and wrongly assumed that in late November there wouldn't be many kids WRONG Oh so very wrong!! The plane there and back was horrendous and the hotel had more than enough for our liking. However its a family hotel so there was no one to blame only ourselves. When we arrived at the hotel we had similar treatment to the Greavesfamily (see their review) we arrived early but couldn't check in until 3.00 So OK no problem we paid for a room safe and then we went off and had a drink. That's after searching for a bar using the map provided!!! When we came back later to get the room we were advised to wait for a porter. This we did, using our brains we stood away from the reception to enable other to use it. After about 15 mins the guy on reception informed us we were standing in the wrong place, the porter would not see us! He pointed to the door area. Where once again using our brains we stood to one side to keep the entrance clear. After another long period of waiting around I noticed another couple with suitcase at reception who then left and went out of the door. Lo and be hold along came a golf buggy and took them to our room. We were left standing there feeling very foolish. We then decided to find the room ourselves using the map LOL We did eventually find the room and although a bit mundane in was more than adequate with a lovely sea view. However it also overlooked a busy road and was near to the local sports centre which played loud music all day and early evenings. We tried to use the safe but no luck. We then strolled up to reception (up being the operative word, as there are 7 floors going down from reception!) The reception then said that we hadn't paid for it, we said we did and they asked for a receipt, we didnt have one anyway after a lot of to'ing and fro'ing it all got sorted, but not a good start to the holiday.The holiday overall was very nice and the drinks and food were OK nothing special but more than adequate. However having plastic plates and glasses at lunch times wasnt really upto 4 star standards in our eyes. Would we go back No but only because its not our sort of hotel. If we had the family then yes we would recommend it. Just a shame that the reception staff are all show and no go!! They really think they are good and yet they're not much above average. One more little thing that really annoyed me, We went away on a wedding anniversary break. I E mailed the hotel prior to our stay to advise them of this half hoping that like almost every other hotel I have been to that there would be a surprise bunch of flowers for my wife with wine or fruit in the room, after all it is fully inclusive so the wine and fruit wouldnt have actually cost anything. However there was no fruit, but there was a kettle and some weird sort of tea bags, but no milk coffee or normal tea bags and nor did they top them up during our stay! but they did top up the fridge which contained water, pepsi and beer. In conclusion I recommend this hotel as a Good Family Hotel but I do suggest that the management train the staff better as even many of the waiters and bar staff are very stand offish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago