Just returned early this morning from a weeks break at this hotel.
A wonderfully clean and large hotel. The cleaners must work 24/7 to keep the place so clean as it's such a big site to maintain so hats off to them.
As the title suggests this hotel is fantastic for families with kids and would very highly recommend for this. They have lots of activities on all day and into the evening for kids, tennis courts, 5-a-side court, high-wires, a rifle range, etc.. Our room was right opposite the high wire area but we didn't notice any noise.
Food is very samey every day to the point that you can pretty much guess what will be served for lunch and dinner. Very tasty although as other reviews eluded to, the temperature of the food could have been hotter. That said if you get into the restaurant soon after opening (1:00PM lunchtime and either 6:30 or 8:00PM for dinner) the food was fairly hot at that point.
We went to the Mexican and Italian nights and these were nothing special, other than being served at your table. Got the impression that the food is all pre-prepared and heated up when required as opposed to cooked from fresh. Nice enough but nothing fancy.
One thing to note about previous reviews regarding a sickness bug, we didn't suffer from this although speaking to others, something had definitely been going round. Shame the Thomson rep was in denial when we asked her about it, and said it was at another hotel down the road!!
Drinks are very good quality, a bottle of wine when you ask at either lunch or dinner time. Amstel on tap along with the wine and soft drinks (proper Coke and Fanta), and Nestle hot drinks dispensers for coffee, tea, hot Choc, etc.. Shame that they were charging a few euro for premium brand drinks which for a 4*+ should not be done. Heyho... the main drinks more than made up.
Went walkabouts most days into Los Gigantes, Puerto de Santiago and Playa De la Arena as they are all close to each other (within 5/10 minutes walk of the hotel). All 3 were very nice and as Spanish as your likely to get in Tenerife! After being a bit sceptical before going, about the Canary Islands in general, we are now going to book up to go back same time next year (although not at this hotel as it's too kiddy friendly for us!). This is nothing against the hotel which, as already said, is very good for families.
All in all a great week away relaxing.... Now back to the cold Easterly wind in the UK! Brrrrr..........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago